• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Apocalypse Bringer Mynoghra

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Apocalypse Bringer Mynoghra: World Conquest Starts with the Civilization of Ruin
Volume 1

Available on Amazon digitally. Do not know about other formats.

Closest kin would be the Overlord series and the Civilization PC game franchise.

Isekei series where the protagonist dies and is brought to a new world, as Ruler of the civilization of Ruin, a favorite nation from his former life as a gamer. Also along for the ride is his favorite hero from the Ruin civilization. Who seemingly knows everything about him, but is also at a loss about why they have both been brought to this world as the seeds for the Ruin civilization. So the Ruler and the Hero start the Civilization of Ruin.

So while Overlord's framework is somewhat like an MMORPG, Apocalypse Bringer Mynoghra is somewhat like playing a fantasy themed Civilization game. There are no hard fast rules on that though. More like a flavor I guess.

By the end of volume 1 we are wondering spoiler[ whether or not, that what is true for Mynoghra, the Civilization of Ruin is true for the rest of the world.]

While the Ruler, Hero, and the Civilization of Ruin are Evil by the mechanics of the game or world (including the civilization's skills and powers), they tend to be gooder than the supposedly good powers/nations of the world.

I liked the characters and hope the Ruler and the Hero become a true couple, because they are 75% of the way there already, but I hope the last couple of lines of the volume is not a death note for that. I also like the world building. So I am looking forward to the next volume.

Also, a sort of neat thing; spoiler[only the hero can see the ruler as a person, all others see him as a humanoid shaped inky blot of darkness.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1