• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Best Duo tournament nomination thread]

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:13 am Reply with quote
And is there a reason why Noboru and Mikako from Voices of a Distant Star isn't on that list? I know they were nominated, and am pretty sure they were seconded. They certainly deserve to be there. (Or did they fall in the no-longer-listed Rejected group and I missed it?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:24 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Yeah, that's perfectly fine. In fact, I encourage it. If a character you supported seems very safe, feel free to switch your nomination to a character you support that might not be so safe. Just make sure to tell me which duo you're switching to and from.

Thanks. I originally didn't vote for them because I thought they were toast ubt after hearing the rules if they can at least gain some ground back I see Oboro and Gennouske could still make it in. And after having all the couples from "X" get knocked out I gotta try and save these 2 so they can at least be in the tournament even if it's only for round 1.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:34 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Yeah, that's perfectly fine. In fact, I encourage it. If a character you supported seems very safe, feel free to switch your nomination to a character you support that might not be so safe. Just make sure to tell me which duo you're switching to and from.

Okay, I think I might do this too, since Michiru & Haruka seem pretty set with +6 (+5 if I switch).

So I'm going to switch to support Quatre and Trowa, because they have a very special place in my heart. And not just in my shounen-ai/yaoi shipping heart, because I think friendship-wise they have a very interesting relationship, one of the most interesting in the series. When I re-watch parts of the series, in fact, I only watch the Quatre & Trowa parts because I like them best.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I will vote for Koshiro & Nanoka from Koi Kaze because it will make for a more interesting tournament, if only briefly, and they bring a unique dynamic.

I will vote against:
Shana & Yuuji from Shakugan no Shana for being frustratingly noncommital with their feelings. Plus, from a combat standpoint, Yuuji was pretty much dead weight for the whole first season.

Lawrence & Horo from Spice and Wolf, because you could replace Lawrence with almost any other male character in the list of nominations and have no major change in the dynamic. He brings nothing to the relationship that anyone else wouldn't also bring.

Ichigo & Rukia from Bleach for being so incredibly thin on personality. While Rukia and Orihime aren't exactly interchangeable character-wise, the ease with which their roles were swapped between the Soul Society and Hueco Mundo arcs demonstrates that essentially none of the relationships in Bleach stand out above any other.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Just a question but duos that receive no votes against and no votes for remain with a +1 scoring?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quote
for:

Simon & Kamina from Gurren Lagann

against:

Ichigo Kurosaki & Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:45 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Just a question but duos that receive no votes against and no votes for remain with a +1 scoring?

That is correct.

Key wrote:
And is there a reason why Noboru and Mikako from Voices of a Distant Star isn't on that list? I know they were nominated, and am pretty sure they were seconded. They certainly deserve to be there. (Or did they fall in the no-longer-listed Rejected group and I missed it?)

I checked the entire thread, and it didn't seem like they were ever seconded. And since I've never watched Voices of a Distant Star, it ended up in the Pending category and never made it into the list.
Vuwazy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quote
Vote for:

Ichigo/Rukia of Bleach

Even though what has become of Bleach as of now, I still think the relationship between Ichigo and Rukia is a vital part to when Bleach is at its best.

Vote against:

Saber/Shiro Emiya of Fate/Stay Night

Yusuke Urameshi/Keiko Yukimura of Yu Yu Hakusho

Rock/Revy of Black Lagoon

Those three because I'm not too convinced.
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote
Sorry to be a bit impatient. But I'm guessing that the 48 hour rule has kicked in?
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:53 am Reply with quote
I've been wondering that too but when does voting end?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote
Yeah, sorry about that. Nominations now closed, and I'll update the bracket right now.

[EDIT] All updates made.
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote
So...in conclusion...

ELIMINATED:

Ed & Ein from Cowboy Bebop {-4}
Kyo Sohma & Tohru Honda from Fruits Basket {-4}
Ranpha Franboise & Forte Stollen from Galaxy Angel {-2}
Roy Mustang & Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist {-2}
Inuyasha & Kagome from Inuyasha {-2}

PENDING ELIMINATED:

Light Yagami & L from Death Note {-1}
Kamui & Kotori from X TV {-1}
Leon & Priss from Bubblegum series {-1}
Kohta & Nyu/Lucy from Elfen Lied {-1}
Ichigo Kurosaki & Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach {-1}
Miki & Kozue Kaoru from Revolutionary Girl Utena {-1}
Rin Tohsaka & Archer from Fate/Stay Night {-1}
Jessie & James from Pokemon {-1}
Shannon Casull & Zefiris from Scrapped Princess {-1}
Athrun Zala & Cagalli Yula Athha from Gundam Seed {-1}
Sanzo & Goku from Saiyuki {-1}
Trowa Barton & Quatre Raberba Winner from Gundam Wing {-1}
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Okay, here's what's going to happen now (slight change in procedure) -

1) Please vote for one character in the PENDING ELIMINATED list to keep in the tournament. Each person gets (1) vote. The character with the most votes gets to stay.

2) Please vote for one of the following two pairs to keep in the tournament (one has to go):

Sakura Kinomoto & Li Syaoran from Cardcaptor Sakura
Sakura Kinomoto & Li Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicle

If there's a tie anywhere, I'll cast my vote and break the tie.

The voting for this process will close in exactly one week.

In the meantime, I'll be making the tournament bracket for the first round so that we can finally get this tournament started (it will start around next week).
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quote
1) Just for sheer fun - Jesse & James

2) Hard choice for me but I'm going to go with Cardcaptor Sakura since it's the finished series and we can see how they start and end with each other.
Aylinn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
1)Athrun Zala & Cagalli Yula Athha from Gundam Seed these two are my favourite charactes from Gundam Seed.

2) Sakura Kinomoto& Li Syaoran from Cardcaptor Sakura I never liked neither Sakura nor Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicle even after what happened in the Acid Tokyo arc and Nihon Country. I prefer Sakura from CCS she was more likeable imo and I realized how much better I like her when she made a cameo appearance in Tokyo Revelations.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Contests and Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 21 of 28