• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Legend of Crystania DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeFreakUnleashed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I know that this is an old old anime and all, but I was looking for the sequel to Record Of Lodoss War and this is what I got. After buying it and watching it there is no way this is the sequel and as a matter of fact it was a horrible anime in general. What does averyone else think of this anime?
Sword of Whedon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:34 pm Reply with quote
It's made by the same people, takes place in the same universe

What you want is ROLW: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight
AnimeFreakUnleashed

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Isn't that off of the original story though? I'm a huge fan of Lodoss war and i knew of that but it doesnt take place after the black witch takes over the thieves body. i researched for it but couldnt find anything in production to finish off the series.
xxmiyuxx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:24 pm Reply with quote
No, Chronicles of a Heroic Knight was the sequel to Record of Lodoss Wars. The OAV centers around Parn and his motley crew. I have heard it said that Chronicals was better than the OAV but I am quite to opposite. I would highly recommend looking for it. But it's kind of weird to go backwards in the series. However it's good to see some of the characters beginnings and the ties that bond them together. Be warned: spoiler[you'll see Shiris and her partner Orson...but you won't see their beginnings because in they are completly different meetings. Same people but it's as if the other story had never happened. ]

I know they finished the OAV because I own it. It's actually a bootleg I own BUT I DIDN'T BUY IT!! It was a gift and this year I was going to purchase it legally at Otakon. Someone I knew burned it for me because they thought I would like it. And I did. Alot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1