• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Highschool of the Dead Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mudduck454

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:04 pm Reply with quote
well this is epic, to license a show before it airs in japan, usually it takess a few weeks after it starts.

now all that is left is to see what kind of rabbit funimation pulls out it's A$$
bahamut623

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:06 pm Reply with quote
If they have it on The Anime Network does that mean they'll have it on their On Demand channel as well? Simulcasting on TV??? Awesome! I just wish it were another series. I hope they do this much more. Sentai is on a roll.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Lets hope we get a Blu-Ray release.

As to what Funimation might announce they claim it'll have us all talking for months. My best guess is a Sailor Moon redub. That or Eva 2.0 but i'd bet my money on Sailor Moon.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quote
If it's online for free I might check this out.
Tratious

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
If it's online for free I might check this out.
they only mentioned the first episode for registered members at anime network, but it will probably be like Maid-sama! were the first is free and you have to be a subscriber to see the rest.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote
How long has it been since a good ole' fashion gore fest, complete with hot babes fighting off the undead, has been made by a quality animation studio like Madhouse? I was looking forward to this one already, and now I'm doubly excited. I love you, Sentai.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:19 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
If they have it on The Anime Network does that mean they'll have it on their On Demand channel as well?

Probably not. I'm sure they would love to do it, but their On Demand scheduled has to planned quite a bit in advance, so this can be hard to pull off. I would love it if they could someday find a way to do it though.

They have been teasing about this for a few days and a bunch of us at the Anime Network forums were begging them for it. I'm glad they listened, and also glad they are dubbing it.

Between this, Nozomi, and K-on!, this is the best AX in years!
agila61

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:34 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
If they have it on The Anime Network does that mean they'll have it on their On Demand channel as well? Simulcasting on TV??? Awesome! I just wish it were another series. I hope they do this much more. Sentai is on a roll.

The On Demand airing seems like it would wait until the dub is finished.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Now THAT'S how you do it.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:08 pm Reply with quote
agila61 wrote:
bahamut623 wrote:

The On Demand airing seems like it would wait until the dub is finished.

That could be true. Though they do air a lot of shows subbed, including their own, Enoki and Right Stuf's. They also aired several shows subbed, then showed them later dubbed. But in those cases, the dubs weren't planned from the get go.

It could be either or in this case.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, Sentai Filmworks/Section 23 are on a roll, this and Xam'd mentioned in the same week and getting the proper full dual-language treatment and Xam'd already set for Blu-ray, it's like heaven. Just hope that if this is as good as it will hopefully be that this gets a Blu-ray release too, which I think is fortunately pretty likely since they are already clearly considering this a bigger title (simulcast, dub, etc.) and they are starting to jump into their own Blu-rays more and more, which is great.

Looking forwards to HotD as I love Madhouse's stylish action shows.

Nice!

Last edited by DangerMouse on Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I usually love horror themed anime, but this one has way too many ecchi tropes for me to shell out the $$. Pass.
fightbait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Well played, Sentai Filmworks. Well played. I really hope that this show is as good as it looks from the trailer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:45 pm Reply with quote
fightbait wrote:
Well played, Sentai Filmworks. Well played. I really hope that this show is as good as it looks from the trailer.

We all hope that, or that it at least has enough gore and fan service to make up for it. Razz
fightbait

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote
If it's at least half as trashy/gory as Gantz, I'll be happy. I'm not too concerned, because this is Madhouse after all. They made Shigurui for Christ's sakes. Now if only they would make a sequel...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5