• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paradise Kiss, Mardock Scramble, Gon Promos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quote
The Paradise Kiss movie actually looks good.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quote
Really looking forward to the Paradise Kiss movie; absolutely loved the manga and the anime. Very interested to see how the clothes are going to look, especially for the show.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:38 am Reply with quote
I'm not really into CG toons, but the way they rendered Gon really nailed the look of the manga.
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quote
I'll totally watch the Parakiss movie as the manga is my favorite manga ever but I was slightly disappointed they didn't give George blue (or at least blue-ish) hair.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote
I'd definitely buy Paradise Kiss live-action. Pretty please VIZ Pictures or FUNimation.
Jozoiscute

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:23 am Reply with quote
GON looks absolutely amazing.....I was afraid the 3D was going to ruin it.....I thought wrong.
Laughing
Being a huge fan of the manga, I'm praying someone picks it up in the states....I would certainly buy it......
AnnoyedWabbit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quote
The Paradise Kiss trailer looks great. As I thought, Keiko Kitagawa is perfect for Caroline. Smile Now I'm incredibly curious about how they interpreted the rest of the characters. (Translating Miwako's hair to real life is going to be... interesting...) Oh, and I'm kind of glad they didn't give George blue hair.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:26 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I'm not really into CG toons, but the way they rendered Gon really nailed the look of the manga.
Really? I was thinking... not at all. The characters all look just too cartoony. The manga is so beautifully detailed. This? It looks like a sequel to Ice Age. Way too clean and cartoony compared to the manga, the peripheral characters and backgrounds in particular.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote
AnnoyedWabbit wrote:
The Paradise Kiss trailer looks great. As I thought, Keiko Kitagawa is perfect for Caroline. Smile Now I'm incredibly curious about how they interpreted the rest of the characters. (Translating Miwako's hair to real life is going to be... interesting...) Oh, and I'm kind of glad they didn't give George blue hair.

I thought Miwako wore a wig in the manga so that would be easy enough to explain in the movie and I'm kinda sad too that George doesn't have at least blue-ish hair, it's one of the most popular hair dye colors around my campus and since he does go to an art school it's not that unusual.
Still, guess this is Japan, and that movie actually does look really good, still need to finish the manga/anime before I see it though.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'm the only person so far to be totally happy about the Shinkai film. Can't wait to see it!!
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:03 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
GATSU wrote:
Really? I was thinking... not at all. The characters all look just too cartoony. The manga is so beautifully detailed. This? It looks like a sequel to Ice Age. Way too clean and cartoony compared to the manga, the peripheral characters and backgrounds in particular.

I'm with The Xenos - those Gon clips don't reflect the charm, the personality or the incredible artistry and detail of the original. It just looks like a video game dinosaur beating up some video game animals.
JGonspy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I was ready to completely write off the Paradise Kiss movie, but that trailer looked pretty good. I'd like to give it a shot in theaters on the off chance it comes out over here.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:14 am Reply with quote
Xenos:
Quote:
The characters all look just too cartoony. The manga is so beautifully detailed.

Yeah, but it's not like the characters in the manga don't come off cartoony, too.

Quote:
Way too clean and cartoony compared to the manga, the peripheral characters and backgrounds in particular.

Well, it's a different medium, and they're trying to sell it to a wider audience. If they went for something grittier, I'm sure it'd do as well as the Ginga Legend Weed anime.
lipsstitchedtight

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. I like Keiko Kitagawa but I'm still not 100% sure she's Yukari yet. ..and I am disappoint about them not giving Osamu Mukai BLUE hair. BLUE hair & BLUE eyes were George's trademarks.. The trailor was too short for me to judge anything concretely but it seems like they might have toned down some of Yazawa's glamor. I'm sure I'll love it though. I adored Nana and Last Quarter. ..mostly because Mika Nakashima was/is Nana and Hyde was/is Adam. ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1