• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:18 am Reply with quote
Tris8 wrote:
Natsume's Book of Friends Season 1&2 Premium Edition arrived today! I absolutely love it.
Mine is on its way from NIS right how. I'm happy to hear so many nice comments on its quality because this excellent show definitely deserves it. I'll have to make a special shelf for it (& future Natsume seasons) and House of Five Leaves.

Speaking of House of Five Leaves, this past week from RightStuf I got v08 of the manga-- the final volume. I won't spoil it but having finished it, I now love this series even more than I did before. Also from RS came The Tyrant Falls in Love v07, Punch Up! v02, and His Favorite v01.

From AmiAmi, 2 weeks ago but only opened tonight, I received the JoJo's Part 5 Narancia Ghirga & Aerosmith SAS figure:
(More here.)

(Also because sometimes I think I never matured past age 13 except that I got a credit card and my own apartment: From eBay a pack of twelve 12"x17" Lee Min Ho posters. Because Faith (a.k.a. The Great Doctor) will probably end up being my favorite drama of 2012 at this rate and I'm a little obsessed. Hey, I even broke out the "m" word and admitted I am totally moe for General Choe Yeong.

And from my favorite eBay musicseller, all with posters: G-Dragon's new solo (because omigod Crayon is looping in my head as we speak and the album packaging looks like a Bible); EXO-M's version of Mama; and the Arang & the Magistrate OST part 2.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:42 am Reply with quote
Started buying the R2 discs of Super Robot War OG: Divine Wars. Volume one limited edition off of eBay for $5.69 shipped. Brand new lol. Can't wait to compare the booklets to Bandai Visual USAs release.

Yep, I'm bored ;p
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
Just received in the mail this morning...

From RightStuf (Funi sale):

Hellsing Ultimate: Vol 1-4
Wohoo! Too bad its just a BD case with a sleeve. I would have liked something a little more special. Still Happy to get it.

Haibane Renmei (Anime Classics)

Bamboo Blade SAVE edition.

Bokurano GN 4, 5, 6

Dorohedoro GN 3
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote
Another payday, another trip to the mall for the fun of it, another day of my boyfriend and I picking up anime. Anime hyper

Yesterday's finds at FYE got us leaving with:

Nerima Daikon Brothers Volume 3 (so now when my Volume 2 comes in, we're probably going to marathon the rest of the series)
Eureka Seven Volume 1 with Artbox (none of the extras were with it, which is fine since I didn't really want anything from it, except maybe the soundtrack; I'm happy enough with the artbox)
Eureka Seven Volume 5 (got it for 50% off cause of FYE's buy-one-get-one-50%-off used sale; it was the cheapest of the volumes they had there)

We'll probably be going back next payday to see whatever E7 volumes we can get for my collection (namely Volume 7 with Artbox and Volume 11, and any that TRSI doesn't currently have), and my usual searches for some single volumes and things I'm looking for.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:14 am Reply with quote
Quick trip to the comic shop:

Arisa 9
Dawn of the Arcana 6
Tsubasa Chronicle 16
warden13

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Items paid and/or shipped this week

Rightstuf:
Evangelion, Neon Genesis Graphic Novel 12
Natsume's Book of Friends DVD Seasons 1-2 Set Premium Edition
Tenjho Tenge Graphic Novel 9

Also picked up two games Code of Princess for the 3DS and a digital copy of Fate/Extra, a double dip since I wanted to be able to play it on my Vita.
Botan24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:43 pm Reply with quote
A very successful shopping day!

Anime...mostly trying to catch up on Bandai purchases before it's too late!
via FYE
Arjuna - anime legends collection (used) $24.99
Paradise Kiss - volume 1

via amazon
Fantastic Children volumes 2 and 4 (used) $10
Crest of the Stars complete collection (used) $18

via TRSI
Fantastic Children volumes 1,3,5, and 6

Manga
via BAM!
Dawn of the Arcana volume 6
The Story of Saiunkoku volume 8
lem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:23 pm Reply with quote
after listening to the recent ANNcast I liked the idea of "crowdfunding" for an animated work, so I went ahead and pledged enough for a few of the pencil drawings from the potential Masaaki Yuasa "Kick Heart"/Production I.G project (@ Kickstarter). KICKSTARTER

also recently ordered from TRSI
RahXephon Graphic Novel 1, 2 & 3

and a few of the older dvds from Media Blasters and the like. The ones that are completely off the radar, probably going to go out of print soon, and no one is talking about (and probably for good reason?) type titles. I have to see them for myself ....because that's what I do. Very Happy

Battle Skipper: The Movie DVD
Casshan: Robot Hunter Casshern DVD
Cyberteam in Akihabara DVD Complete Collection
De:vadasy DVD
Eiken DVD
Grrl Power DVD
Legend of the Dragon Kings (Sohryuden): White Dragon DVD
Legend of the Last Labyrinth (Princess Rouge) DVD
Marriage DVD

Last edited by lem on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 pm Reply with quote
My instincts told me that something I want might go OOP soon on the basis that I can't buy it directly from Amazon.

So, over on Buy.com, I bought:
Message to Adolf 1
Higurashi Cotton Drifting Arc (series v 3, 4)

It's Higurashi that suddenly made me suspicious. I always hope to be wrong and not have something go OOP, but... well not being able to order it from Amazon when I can get the rest of it makes me suspicious. But note that only that arc has made me suspicious, and I don't need to read the arcs in order anyway (I've seen the anime of course). I only decided to start finally collecting this series at Otakon (late July), so I'm kinda behind and am not caring what order I get it in. Note that only Amazon doesn't seem to have it, it seems to be in stock everywhere else....for now....
Oh and some self help book for my mom to get to free shipping (which is $40 on Buy.com for books, CDs, and DVDs)
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Whelp, went ahead and bough the Bunny Drop LE set and as soon as I get the money I'll snag the AnoHana one as well (since I really want to LE set instead of the standard ones for those two, guess I'll have to put off buying the House of Five Leaves one a bit longer).
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:23 am Reply with quote
Picked up:
Dragonball Kai Season 1
Dragonball Kai Season 2

On Order:
Bakemonogatari Complete BD Box
Hellsing Ultimate Volume 2 (5-8)
Inu Yasha: The Final Act Part 1
Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion Director's Cut
Shakugan no Shana Season 2 Parts 1&2
lem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
did my daily check @ TRSI and found this was already available So I pre-ordered:

Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl DVD/Blu-ray Complete (S) Premium Edition

also known as Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko (from NISA)
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Put in a pre-order for the Asuna Nendoroid from Sword Art Online. I've been digging the show, even more so since spoiler[Asuna and Kirito got married] so I figured I'd make this my March figure purchase. I kinda hope that GSC or Alter come out with a scaled figure of her.
Wooga

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Got season 2 box set of Rurouni Kenshin off of ebay because it was cheap (~$30). he also had season 3 but since it was a stock photo I was a little wary of getting more than one. Turns out they were the limited editions??

It is in okay shape, a little warped and doesn't have the paper thing, but the discs seem to be fine. Honestly, I thought it would be made out of wood instead of paper (its supposed to be a bento box right?)

Also in the mail today-a Medaka Box....box...

yup.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Congrats on getting the RK Premium Box Set 2 for $30, Wooga. I recently bought both Box 1 and 2 for $65 CAD each, so you did much better than I did. I also bought Box 3 for about $50 US. Like you, I didn't even know these premium sets existed until very recently.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 962 of 1401