• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz to Stream Dubbed Blue Exorcist on Neon Alley

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan227

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
neocloud9 wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
This dub better not be a stream-only exclusive.

If this doesn't get a physical release, I and a bunch of other fans are gonna be PISSED. Mad

Hear, hear! I've been buying all the subbed DVD sets, but I may put the last one on hold if I know the dub's getting a physical release... (Depending on who's in the cast, of course.)

I always wondered why Aniplex USA did not release Blue Exorcist on Blu-ray. It is a great looking series, and DVD does not do it justice. A release with an English dub would be a nice addition. But I think the only way worth the double dipping is a BD release.

I think they wanted to get the "WE WANT IT NOW" fans with the DVD release so close to the Japanese release but they didn't want to release the BD here so close to the Japanese one because of reverse importing.

I would also probably double dip if they'd release a BD...
formerroadie1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this will get a home release. If it's stream only, I will not be happy!
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
formerroadie1 wrote:
Hopefully this will get a home release. If it's stream only, I will not be happy!

It says right in the article Viz will be doing a home release for it.
Volibear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:19 pm Reply with quote
this is kinda BS for Manga UK, all the talk was about how it was sub-only so they took a gamble and picked it up anyway despite never picking up sub-onlys and now they're gonna dub it, kinda feel real bad for them

now they're tied up with what to do with it now, 1st half is August 20th which already has the box art designed so i imagine its close to finished and the second half is October 29th, curious to see what they do now, i don't know if they can put it off the first half and wait for the dub or if its already started being committed to discs now (i don't know much about dvd production to know anything about these kinda timelines)
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
formerroadie1 wrote:

...No it doesn't.
Quote:
Aniplex of America streamed Blue Exorcist with English subtitles and then released the anime on English-subtitled DVD in North America. In addition to Aniplex, Neon Alley aims to provide content from multiple studios and content providers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Divineking wrote:
formerroadie1 wrote:

...No it doesn't.
Quote:
Aniplex of America streamed Blue Exorcist with English subtitles and then released the anime on English-subtitled DVD in North America. In addition to Aniplex, Neon Alley aims to provide content from multiple studios and content providers.

It was in the article earlier. Guess it may have been a typo.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see that Aniplex USA has a brain. Now if only we'd hear some new DVD/Blu-ray news!
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
14:41:00 <bay> there will be dvds for every product you see on neon alley
14:41:10 <bay> you can be assured that everything on neon alley will be on dvd and blu-ray when available
14:41:22 <bay> i know it's been a challenge for us previously (up a few lines)
http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=65

Everything that gets on there will have DVD's/BD's. VIZ IIRC is going to release DVD's/BD's themselves that will have the dub.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Davidnes wrote:
Hopefully it will get a Blu-Ray release.

jlaking wrote:
It great to see that Blue Exorcist is getting dubbed.

SpacemanHardy wrote:
This dub better not be a stream-only exclusive.

If this doesn't get a physical release, I and a bunch of other fans are gonna be PISSED. Mad

Totally agree with all of you. I passed on the sub-only DVD-only lame release, but I really would like to own this on BD with this new dub (dual-audio hopefully ofcourse, so glad it's finally getting dubbed like I've been waiting for as long as it's not going to remain stream-only! Smile).

Hope the streaming console is the PS3 since that's what I've got.

Edit: Good to hear that there's a chance of a dual-audio BD. Very Happy
Takuku

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Volibear wrote:
this is kinda BS for Manga UK, all the talk was about how it was sub-only so they took a gamble and picked it up anyway despite never picking up sub-onlys and now they're gonna dub it, kinda feel real bad for them

now they're tied up with what to do with it now, 1st half is August 20th which already has the box art designed so i imagine its close to finished and the second half is October 29th, curious to see what they do now, i don't know if they can put it off the first half and wait for the dub or if its already started being committed to discs now (i don't know much about dvd production to know anything about these kinda timelines)

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

We might end up having a K-ON like release, however MangaUK could do with sorting it out as soon as possible. Jerome will probably have something to say on Twitter in the next day or two.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
Quote:
14:41:00 <bay> there will be dvds for every product you see on neon alley
14:41:10 <bay> you can be assured that everything on neon alley will be on dvd and blu-ray when available
14:41:22 <bay> i know it's been a challenge for us previously (up a few lines)
http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=65

Everything that gets on there will have DVD's/BD's. VIZ IIRC is going to release DVD's/BD's themselves that will have the dub.
... looks like it's time for me to amp my search for a new job up to 11... or guilt trip my older brother for stealing almost $40 from me for booze money a while back before he got help for his problem... I need that release if it's really happening, even if I already have the sub-only ones~~~
TronBonne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I skipped on the sub-only release. I had a feeling they would dub it eventually, waiting a bit longer to have the option to watch it dubbed is worth it for me.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Ah ha! I knew holding off on this one would pay off!

Bryce Papenbrook, the young Vash the Stampede, as Rin, and Johnny Yong Bosch, the older Vash the Stampede, as Yukio. Small world.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Ah ha! I knew holding off on this one would pay off!

(snip)

Confused

Yeah, I wish I had done that. Volume 4 is on its way to me and should arrive tomorrow or Monday.

--I'm happy it is getting a dub and all, and I think it would be the perfect show for Adult Swim's Toonami bloc, if they ever decide to do that.

*sigh*

now I'll be double-dipping.
marie1901

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:12 am Reply with quote
Finally, been waiting to see if this was going to get dubbed.
Hoping for the Blu-Ray release!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3