• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Film Z's Full Trailer Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:08 pm Reply with quote
You're so right, especially about the first one.

I think that no matter who was singing it, it just doesn't feel right for a One Piece movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Man I had some big rant prepared about what happens when an abortion of music meets the toxic queen minstrel and sonic implosion occurs but hearing that song again made me go back to Nickelback's 3 releases before Silver Side Up just so I can remind myself this band was pretty cool at some point...before the buttrock.
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:25 pm Reply with quote
The movie is looking good, and I like the integration of the marines since it looks like Kizaru and Garp make appearances. With Aokiji wearing casual wear, I wonder if the film takes place spoiler[after his fight with Akainu. Hopefully, we can get some insight directly from him on why he left the marines, which was mentioned a couple episodes ago if you follow the simulcast. Considering this is a movie though, I wonder if it will be that tied in with cannon material. ]
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quote
Not sold on this Avril Lavigne music for One Piece at all.

Sounds too damn Nickelback-esque.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I'd bet cold hard cash there are Japanese hipsters who cringe at anime OPs. "Ugh, ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION? So mainstream."
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Or Avril Lavigne sounds too Avril Lavigne-esque? Whatever we think of her singing, she's had her own career. For years, at this point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2