• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Atlus, Studio 4°C Collaborate on Catherine Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntztheGreat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:54 am Reply with quote
John Casey wrote:

That said, this game does look truly interesting... But this is without a doubt Shoji Meguro's worst attempt at rap.

Just because of music, the game for me went from day one to a bargain bin purchase.

Yes, you can suck that badly at making soundtracks...

You do know Shoji Meguro doesn't write the lyrics for the songs, right? He hasn't in the past, so I assume he didn't for this one either.
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
The game apparently has a CERO "C" rating in Japan, which is equivalent to a hard-T, light-M. I don't think we should expect anything more explicit than what we've already seen in the trailer, and I absolutely do not see it getting censored for its North American release.

It's not equivalent at all. I should remove that nonsense from the Wikipedia page on CERO. Due to cultural differences, the same thing can get vastly different ratings in different territories. Both Persona 3 and 4 got CERO B, while they got M over here. Xenosaga I and III got CERO C, while they got ESRB T here (albeit censored in both cases). Dragon Quest VIII got a CERO A, but an ESRB T. Xenogears got an ESRB T, but when it was rated for the Japan PSN release, it got a CERO D. Very shocking to some, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne got an ESRB M, but a CERO A.

So they are very different. I would guess that this will get an M here, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2