• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Robotech, Voltron Combine for Crossover Comic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote
If this had happened when we were all growing up with Voltron and Robotech, we'd probably think is the "coolest thing ever", but considering crossovers need some coherency in how you combine the two universes in question (and we're all a little bit older and more cynical at such game plans), I wonder what the results will yield.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
I would point out both Macross and Go-Lion were in Super Robot Wars games, but in separate ones. So this oughta be bizarrely interesting.
vashna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm almost hoping that this work will be kind of off the wall, but still make sense. Since it seems like the two universes will be portrayed as though they were always in a state of coexistence, there's a strong possibility that that the storyline will actually be pretty coherent. As I said before, I've seen some talk about it on the Robotech forum before and there's both anticipation and trepidation.
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Next thing you know they'll be announcing a Simpsons/Family Guy crossover!

Widya Santoso
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
vashna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:39 am Reply with quote
Well, to be completely honest I am a little more interested in the Robotech and Voltron one. Wouldn't a Simpsons and Family Guy crossover not be all that controversial since the intellectual property is managed by the same corporation? Maybe I'm wrong on that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2