• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Unicorn, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levonr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:33 pm Reply with quote
#907697 wrote:

They probably haven't been working on it all that long and are just holing off until they schedule the release.

Sunrise is just so slow sometimes. NYAV Post completed all of Gundam Seed like 2 years ago, just took Sunrise forever to release the first blu-ray set and they messed up the SD version on blu-ray using the broadcast video masters. Although Rightstuf said they're working on replacement.
We don't have a full cast yet but Aaron Phillips(Laurent Thierry in Great Pretender) will voice Shinn in Destiny.
I wonder who will voice Gilbert Durandal, Keith Silverstein would be perfect since Shuichi Ikeda voiced him. I really didn't think Ted Cole fit the character. Although Lunamaria is my favorite Destiny character so I'm curious who will voice her, someone like Erica Lindbeck might be good.
It sucks Destiny will be sub only on FUNimation even though the dub is complete.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:53 am Reply with quote
Clyde_Cash wrote:
I hope Toonami airs these old school Gundam shows again.

Toonami is not going to re-air shows that flopped the first time, especially not 0079 where most of Gundam's problems here back in the day stemmed from.

Levonr wrote:
Sunrise is just so slow sometimes. NYAV Post completed all of Gundam Seed like 2 years ago, just took Sunrise forever to release the first blu-ray set and they messed up the SD version on blu-ray using the broadcast video masters. Although Rightstuf said they're working on replacement.

Wrong, the SD version had it's own problems but it's the HD version that used broadcast masters that they're now fixing.
levonr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:20 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:

Wrong, the SD version had it's own problems but it's the HD version that used broadcast masters that they're now fixing.

I see, I didn't even know the HD remaster had a broadcast version. Thought it went straight to blu-ray but now I read that it aired on the Bandai Channel followed by a blu-ray release only a few months later.
Now I wonder what FUNimation will get.
XtremeAnimeDan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Just visited the FUNi site, and while most of the Gundam's mentioned are now available SEED and SEED Destiny are not yet available.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Episode one of the original Gundam is also missing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2