• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian Light Novels Get TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:01 pm Reply with quote
It happens a year faster than what i expected, the faster the better though considering the current popularity, given how little time she actually speaks Russian in the LN, I'm not really worried about the VA, these parts will often be a word long.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:01 pm Reply with quote
For the English Dub it doesn't have to be the same person doing the English and the Russian. All they have to do is find someone who speaks Russian and sounds reasonably like the primary voice actress. If the voices are similar they could even patch in the Russian from the Japanese release.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:56 am Reply with quote
Not interested in English dubs, but Golden Kamui has multiple roles involving the Russian language. The animators had a specific speech trainer for those roles, so if there will be an English dub for this one someone might cough up more for the same.

Uesaka Sumire effectively has a monopoly on Russian-speaking roles in the Japanese VA industry, thick accent or not. She also has a fantastic range, which is what I'll be looking forward to when this airs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2