• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam AGE's Promotional Videos Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:35 am Reply with quote
Wow, it definitely looks like Sunrise wants to make a mature yet accessible to younger audiences with this show and I am interested in seeing how this series plays out.

The character designs look like it is paying homage to the original Mobile Suit Gundam with some influences from Osamu Tezuka in some instances.

As for the complaints that it looks too kiddy, well they showed a scene of the characters being in a graveyard and if this was shown to western audiences, I hardly remember any western animated kid shows that ever show graveyards and having the characters being sad over a passing of a loved one other than superhero shows.

It definitely looks way different from both Gundam Seed and Gundam 00 and the storyline of having three different generations of main characters does sound intriguing and I will tune in to check if this series will be any good or not.
Animehermit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:10 am Reply with quote
I will watch this when it comes out, simply because it's a Gundam title, but the last couple of series really haven't been that good. I'll remain cautiously optimistic until i see it though, but those character and mech designs aren't exactly winning me over.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:

Quote:
Gundam hasn't had a hit in 9 years.

SEED.

As for this; I'm excited. I don't see anything wrong with it. I actually like the designs (DAT SPOILER!) and like Titus and Swallow (Spallow?) resembling Spiegel and Bolt. This may be enjoyable for nothing more than entertainment.

I meant in America, the last time Gundam was really successful was G Gundam in 2002, Gundam Seed, and Gundam 00 probably made a profit but they where not the hit series that Bandai was hoping for.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2