• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Higurashi Anthology Illustrator Dokumegu Arrested

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:04 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
I too would like to know what services/merchandise etc did she pay him for

More to the point, where does a girl that age get $1500 from? If he encouraged her to steal it from her parents (or elsewhere) on his behalf, he'd be culpable.
And what leads you to think she was paying for services or merchandise? Nothing in the article suggests that. As a besotted fan, she may well have been bringing him money for the simple reason that he told her he needed some.

Quote:
and what law was actually broken that was in place last year at the time of the incident.

Like it says in the article: "suspicion of breaking local child protection laws [...] Ishii is accused of meeting with a girl in a hotel four times between last November and December. The girl was a third-year middle school student at the time". Reading between the lines, that would tend to indicate that those meetings were not entirely platonic.

Quote:
Also, why was this brought up now as opposed to 4 months ago?

I presume it's because nobody alerted ANN's news staff to the case four months ago.
Navak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote
coyote1284 wrote:
As "translated" hentai style:
Quote:
The girl was a junior college student at the time, but is now a college freshman.

/She looks young enough to be in elementary college!

That is outrageous! Clearly all characters depicted in this game/novel/manga/anime are of legal age, sir!

In Japan, national age of consent is indeed 13.

http://www.interpol.int/Public/Children/SexualAbuse/NationalLaws/csaJapan.asp

Other stories out of Kanagawa would seem to indicate laws/ordinances in place which would make sex with anyone under 18 potentially illegal.

I'm not sure on the sources and since I don't read Japanese the official sources would be a bit more difficult.

Summary, two stories about adults getting arrested after sex with 16 year olds but it isn't clear that it's age of consent that was violated but rather other ordinances or laws.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:dwUrbJGMBxUJ:www.hdrjapan.com/index2.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26do_pdf%3D1%26id%3D385+%22paid+a+16-year-old+schoolgirl%22+30,000+yen+for+sex&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=firefox-a

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:n6l-n3oGrMsJ:www.traded.name/2007/09/29/underage-sex-in-japan/+Kanagawa+prefecture+age+of+consent&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&client=firefox-a
testorschoice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quote
Moomintroll wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

I presume it's because nobody alerted ANN's news staff to the case four months ago.

According to the article, the person wasn't arrested until two days ago.
No one alerted anyone four months ago since no one knew about the
incidents then, except for perhaps the two people involved.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:56 am Reply with quote
Moomintroll wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

No. The incident was reported 4 months later. That's what I'm asking about. What caused a 4 month old incident to be reported?It's easy to implicate an adult but the girl who was probably 14 yo at the time knew what she was doing too. We need more info.

As to where she got the money, subsistence dating, prostitution or stealing is what I bet. Then there's always the undergarment trade via cellphone.

If it was sex or photos, the exchange of money should have been from him to her and not her to him. So she purchased or received something from that guy which isn't being reported.
Navak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:39 pm Reply with quote
She could just have a regular part time job, an allowance (rich girl), or some sort of trust fund/CD.

Crazy, I know, but that Ockham was poking me.
Lsayaku

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:04 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:
Damn that fan was devoted.

I thought I remembered reading that consent was around 13 yrs old in Japan.

Can I ask what exactly your personal motive is for endlessly defending and obfuscating any issue like this - and I mean any, because every time something like this comes up you're really quick to jump on it and offer something like "well clearly that person wasn't actually being a pedophile because...".

I really do want to know at this point.

I know you have a big problem with this stuff. Heck, I'm right there with ya. But you're jumping to a bit of a conclusion here aren't you? Did she say she was defending this? Did she say he wasn't a pedophile? No, she just said that she thought the age of consent was 13 which seems like a pretty valid observation if the girl here was over 13 and yet he is being arrested for it. Maybe she has often defended this kind of thing in the past but I can't help but point out that she doesn't seem to be here.
Moomintroll

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Lsayaku wrote:

Thanks for the link. Let's see if that article clears up the mystery for those seemingly convinced that no loli-lovin' mangaka could ever do wrong...

Quote:
Sho Meguru Ishii of Tsurumi Ward, Yokohama, who also works as a computer programmer, allegedly molested the 15-year-old high school girl at a hotel in Kohoku Ward in the city four times from November through December, according to the investigators. At the time, the girl was a third-year middle school student.

When the girl posted an entry on his blog in September, Ishii allegedly said he would meet her at the hotel if [she] paid him 150,000 yen "to prove she loved him."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2