• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 08-13-09

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:18 am Reply with quote
Kevin is *so* rude, taking up the couch himself instead of offering it to one of the girls like a gentleman. Anime hyper

I really liked the soft, watercolory art style this week. It was just perfect for the Ghibli theme! Awesome job!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:35 am Reply with quote
Murasakisuishou wrote:
Kevin is *so* rude, taking up the couch himself instead of offering it to one of the girls like a gentleman. Anime hyper

I noticed that too. I put it down to neither of the girls trusting him to "behave".

It sucks being a guy, being stereotyped and all. But then, since Kevin already has a track record of being a bit of a pervert (Hentai panel, anyone?), I suppose their caution is warranted.
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:51 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Let me guess: Robin is never coming back, and this is all an attempt to pass the torch to Sara by stealth?

This was my last week, I swear! ^^; Nina will be safely back in Robin's hands next week, hopefully avoiding therapy despite all the subliminal excursion I've put her through. ;p

Thanks for all the kind words everyone; you've all been totally awesome!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:00 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Kevin ever got another monitor.Maybe the game is still running. Shocked

Ride that Myoopi,Nina!
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quote
Either Nina needs to do less sleeping or she needs to be tied down when she's sleeping. And yes, I know the latter will probably be joked about by some of you Anime hyper
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:35 am Reply with quote
The kitten I adopted arrived today and this comic kind of worries me since she likes to cuddle and sleep on me and I'm afraid I might roll over and pull a Nina.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
atlanime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:28 am Reply with quote
And then Moopie starting talking like Yul Brenner for no explained reason whatsoever.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:40 am Reply with quote
haha Laughing

My kitty hates me because of that, but he comes back every night.

That's why I love him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kaizen-dono

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:28 am Reply with quote
Great stuff Totoro's been parodied loads he's so darned adorable no one can resist his charms.

Patachu wrote:
Coincidentally, I've been listening to Daishi Dance's The Ghibli Set album which remixes Ghibli soundtrack music with house beats.

It's like everything suddenly reminds me of how freaking great these movies are.

cheers for the link ,joe hisaishi + chill out house= Cool
rocklobster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quote
Nice Totoro Tribute! I'm sure Miyazaki would be pleased.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...critically-acclaimed, publicly-accepted anime.

Yep. For better or for worse Sara has managed to cover almost the entire scope of publicly-accepted anime in but a few short frames.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blue Moose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:18 am Reply with quote
The fact that she's squishing the poop out of him (...is it a him?) just makes me happy.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:49 am Reply with quote
GAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OMG!!! THAT WAS JUST TOO DAMN FUNNY!!

Great job on the stylization. Really love stuff like that.
Dorian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote
[quote="Murasakisuishou"]Kevin is *so* rude, taking up the couch himself instead of offering it to one of the girls like a gentleman. Anime hyper

Having slept over at a number of places I’d say taking the couch was heroic. Give me the floor any day for the sake of my back. When sleeping over bring a sleeping bag, a pad and don’t forget your pillow.

And oh yes, awesome comic!
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:08 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
I've never done a sleepover for anime but I sure would like to do one.

I've done quite a few (all times with my friends: 3 guys and 1 girl plus me, and it's never been awkward....yet Wink ), IIRC they were:

-Evangelion nights (we made it up to episode 20 or so on Friday night, then came back Saturday night and finished the show/movie)
-Noein: To Your Other Self night (none of us had seen it yet, and we had a blast watching it all together brand new)
-FLCL/Miyazaki night
-Outlaw Star night

I think that was about it (we've been hanging out for two years, but usually we'll stick with playing video games when spending the night). They're definitely fun, especially if you bring food and take breaks when needed, but be sure to be well-rested beforehand (otherwise you often won't make it, as we've learned during Wii fests). Also, we start at about 6 PM, since it's the only way we'll finish if we're watching a whole series.

We've jokingly said we're going to have a full-marathon Case Closed sleepover. Yeah, I'd be impressed if someone could pull that off. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4