• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami to Run Naruto Shippūden in January in U.S.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lolita princess

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:02 am Reply with quote
This is so cool . I'm watching it over again Very Happy
Jonny Manz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:02 am Reply with quote
Haha, at first I read that and thought they meant November 30 of next year, but then I realized that we haven't gotten to November 30 of this year yet. Oh well, I pretty much have all the manga-based episodes (basically the first 135) on either iTunes or DVD.

Very happy to see Shippuden heading back to the airwaves, though (honestly, I always thought it needed an uncut broadcast on Toonami more than the original series because of how much more heavily edited it was on Disney XD than the original was on Cartoon Network). Though, there is something a little odd about the announcement that the series is gonna run uncut; I mean, I would've assumed it would've anyway (because of all the uncut episodes I saw, not once did I see anything that screamed to me that it would violate BS&P for adult swim), so to me, it seems like more of a massive "Take that!" aimed squarely at Disney XD. And honestly, I'm ok with that, whether or not that's actually the case.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:42 am Reply with quote
You know i really wish that they would have done this in the first place.

Shippuden has SO MANY DAYUM flashbacks that you can pretty much get a grasp for what happened in the first series without watching it.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:00 am Reply with quote
marcos torres toledo wrote:

I wonder why Disney Anime hyper drop broadcasting it in the first place it beats the junk they replace I with it with. Very Happy

Probably not where it counts: the ratings.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:38 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Why isn't anyone happy with the fact that they're airing it UNCUT?

Because somebody needs to Dragonball Kai the living daylights out of that thing to make it watchable. Very Happy

(and I say that as one who'll be watching the latest episode within probably the next hour)
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote
Nice pickup, however late it is. If they run one episode a week they've got enough content for almost 6.5 years with no reruns.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote
You know, maybe when "Bleach" finishes its run, they should air the original "Naruto" in its place. I mean, ten years ago, they aired "Dragon Ball" and "Dragon Ball Z" simultaneously, and (popularity-wise, not quality-wise) "Naruto" is considered the DBZ of this generation (at least here in America, while that honor goes to "One Piece" in Japan).
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:22 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Yay! Naruto Shippuden dubbed and uncut on TV.

Sadly, dub-haters are going to start acting like bigger bitches than they are.

I'm not a bitch Razz I'll just be watching it on Crunchyroll... Wait I already have Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Wonderful news. Didn't like that Disney were holding onto Shippuden like they did, so glad it'll get better treatment on Toonami. Would have liked for it to air before all that filler from the original series started to air though. For the new viewer's sake, but other than that, good. I wonder if Shippuden would take Bleach's time slot once Bleach is over.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:
Seriously? Confused

Why would they just drop it while it's right in the middle of a major arc? I can understand after canon is finished (which is episode 135), but like this? I genuinely don't understand.

Probably for the same reason they started 200+ episodes into One Piece. The only way for them to air something that is remotely current is to skip ahead. I'll agree that it stinks for anyone that hasn't seen the first series, but this plan seems to have worked for One Piece, and there are other options available through streaming.

As someone who has already seen all of the first series, but not much of the second, I'm actually pleased about this, especially since I don't have Disney X D.

bleachj0j wrote:
Shiggity wrote:
I have one thing to say about this: Oh god. I've been following NS since 2007 fansubbed, and knowing how bad the dub is (I mean 'dattebayo' becoming 'Believe it!'? Puhlease.. >_>) I wont' be watching. I don't have cable so that helps. Razz

How long has it been since you watched the dub. For one thing the dub is pretty damn good. Another thing "believe it" hasn't been said since the 20's. And why comment if have no intention to watch.

My thoughts exactly. Complaining about something that has nothing to do with you seems like a waste of time to me.
darkcat1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:46 pm Reply with quote
marcos torres toledo wrote:
Uncut great I have been watching it on HULU and I am into the seventh season. I wonder why Disney Anime hyper drop broadcasting it in the first place it beats the junk they replace I with it with. Very Happy

Just to let you know: Disney has a bad habit of canceling well done animated shows and replacing them with stupid tweeny sitcoms. Before shipoden was canned they moved it to a midnight death slot where as before it aired in primetime. They killed Tron Uprising and Motorcity the same way....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3