• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Kamisama Kiss mangaka Julietta Suzuki

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InuKag1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:04 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
InuKag1 wrote:
Should have asked if there was gonna be a season 3 of Kamisama Kiss!

Authors don't decide whether or not their series gets a continuation so it would have been useless to ask her. It's production committees who decide what gets animated and what gets additional seasons.

What I meant was if there was anything in the works that she knows about but just hasn't mentioned yet, but I'm still hoping
lys

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:28 am Reply with quote
@InuKag1, when and if there is news about a season 3 (or in general for any series, news about unannounced things), the powers that be will make an announcement. Asking these kinds of questions at an event like this or a Q&A panel is pretty much guaranteed to get a "No or I can't discuss that" answer.

@Agent355, I see the Japanese terms as a way of adding "flavour" to the series, since it is so heavily steeped in Japanese lore and tradition. I don't feel Viz's translation goes overboard with the terminology they keep or expect readers to remember. (also I think the word "ayakashi" is lovely, so it'd be a shame to replace it with the more familiar "yokai" or a translation.)
InuKag1

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:20 pm Reply with quote
lys wrote:
@InuKag1, when and if there is news about a season 3 (or in general for any series, news about unannounced things), the powers that be will make an announcement. Asking these kinds of questions at an event like this or a Q&A panel is pretty much guaranteed to get a "No or I can't discuss that" answer.

@Agent355, I see the Japanese terms as a way of adding "flavour" to the series, since it is so heavily steeped in Japanese lore and tradition. I don't feel Viz's translation goes overboard with the terminology they keep or expect readers to remember. (also I think the word "ayakashi" is lovely, so it'd be a shame to replace it with the more familiar "yokai" or a translation.)
Well I hope SOMEONE announces it, the anticipation is killing me
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:42 pm Reply with quote
InuKag1 wrote:
Should have asked if there was gonna be a season 3 of Kamisama Kiss!
GokuMew2 wrote:
Authors don't decide whether or not their series gets a continuation so it would have been useless to ask her. It's production committees who decide what gets animated and what gets additional seasons.
InuKag1 wrote:
What I meant was if there was anything in the works that she knows about but just hasn't mentioned yet, but I'm still hoping
{Fixed your inline quotations. ~nobahn}
Basically what lys said. She's not authorized to give any information about things that haven't been announced. I'm glad ANN knows what questions to ask. This type of question would've been a waste since she wouldn't be able to give an answer.

If you want a third season, buy the anime, buy the manga. Sales are pretty much the only thing that'll help you get a continuation.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
[u][b]Do you have any personal thoughts about people in other countries who scan manga and translate it for free online? It's an illegal practice, but they scan the manga and they translate it and make it available for free. Do you have any thoughts on that? How do you feel as an artist about that?

No. I want them to stop it. I pay for something that I enjoy and people do not cherish something they get for free. It's unappreciated.
[/b][/u]

--I have read the scans because I love this manga. We are so far behind it's unreal. HOWEVER I own every single Kamisama Kiss thus far and will buy them until they finish. So I don't think reading the scans is a bad thing unless you choose not to support the author. I also own the Anime, but we were jipped and didn't get the OVA from season one-.-
Banjo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I try to support what I like if I could, Sadly most of the manga that I'm interested in never get licensed. So in the end scans helped me a lot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3