• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 08-26-08

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Love it!
Dahling

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote
xDDD

This was fantastic, and so true! Though I have to wonder, wouldn't they be too busy arguing to go back and fire off the nukes? That or they'd end up just storming off the sulk instead of doing anything.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
That looked quite funny. Only thing missing were the Gundams used to cause those explosions. Cool
Or they could've used FLEIA warheads: all the destruction of nukes with none of the radioactive fallout! Or so it seems.
dtm42 wrote:
edzieba wrote:
sarsman45 wrote:
*sigh* If only they could make an anime that would play to the roles of politics....
There's always Gasaraki: the last plot arc centred around the effects of American grain exports on the Japanese refugee population. Then they had to go and ruin it with spoiler[crazy bald moon men]. We don't talk about episode 26.

Wait, Gasaraki had an episode 26? ANN's encyclopedia page on Gasaraki claims there are only 25 episodes.

Yes, the political and economic machinations were often overshadowed by the neo-nationalist talk and the weird Shinto ceremonies. However, that was the case since episode one (for the latter) and episode eight or so for the former.

Anyway, I'll just retreat into the shadows from whence I came......
I'm assuming he meant #25; since 25 is such a non-standard length for a series, it's easy to forget and assume it had 26.

Sad thing is, there are plenty of other anime fandom disputes that would've been even more incendiary, like moe, lolicon, fansubs, and sub vs. dub.
BebopMstr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:55 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I love how the two countries that are represented here are the United States of America, and Italy. Wow, I never knew those Italians would appoint a Middle-Eastern immigrant as their ambassador, let alone attack the U.S.A. with a multi-teraton warhead (judging by the height of the mushroom cloud).

Italy? Well the explosion is big enough to cover Italy ( Shocked ), but it looks to me like it's more centered toward the Middle-East, around Turkey, or a little bit farther south? That would explain the "oppressed" politician... Anime catgrin
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
That's pretty much how I imagine diplomatic meetings occur now, only without anime references.

Depends which diplomats we're talking about. Somehow this strip made me think Palestinian and Israeli, but maybe that's just my personal inflection. (But hey, the one dude looks Arabic and the other looks like Ariel Sharone.)

Anyway, this has got to be one of the most hilarious strips yet - and that's saying something. Anime hyper I always crack up when Robin draws characters "bugging out".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Batman3777

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
Keonyn wrote:
That's pretty much how I imagine diplomatic meetings occur now, only without anime references.

Depends which diplomats we're talking about. Somehow this strip made me think Palestinian and Israeli, but maybe that's just my personal inflection. (But hey, the one dude looks Arabic and the other looks like Ariel Sharone.)

Anyway, this has got to be one of the most hilarious strips yet - and that's saying something. Anime hyper I always crack up when Robin draws characters "bugging out".

I might be reading too much into it but I was thinking they were Ehud Olmert and Mahmoud Ahmedinejad (yes, I spelled it right). But it doesn't matter... replace them with georgia's and russia's presidents, or china's and japan's prime ministers and it'll have the same results. Razz
skyesage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Hahahaha that was classic, seriously. I think you really deserve all the props you get, Robin, because this comic has truly improved 100-fold since you first started.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:12 pm Reply with quote
God this made my day Anime hyper
jetz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quote
So funny Laughing I'm gonna show this to my brother later - we had conversations like this before Laughing

I especially liked Nina's expression at the end. So simple, but so perfect for this strip Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quote
Just think, The nuclear buttons of the world powers under the control of /a/ members. See you at the nearest ground zero. Wink
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Best

Nina

Ever.

Very Happy
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quote
god that cracked me up Anime hyper! It's so sad, but so, so true.
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
Or they could've used FLEIA warheads: all the destruction of nukes with none of the radioactive fallout! Or so it seems.

Don't remind me. I'm still distraught!

Curse you Code Geass R2...
suna_suna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quote
"ur gay!!11!"

this just made me happy politics are the way they are
sailorsean

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
wow... oh wow xD
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5