• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Stella Women's Academy, High School Division Class C3 (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 4

I am so happy, Yura has really improved. I know that not all of you like her hair style, but I find her short hair fitting to my tastes, and all of you can suck it.

Something I notied even before she cut her hair, was when she got nervous she had a habit of tugging on it endlessly.

The OP changes actually started around episode 2, the end with the girls indivudually with different coloured backgrounds wasn't animated until episode 2. But that was about the only difference until episode 4.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
LUNI_TUNZ wrote:
The OP changes actually started around episode 2, the end with the girls indivudually with different coloured backgrounds wasn't animated until episode 2. But that was about the only difference until episode 4.

I noticed the OP changing because it was different girls getting their butt smacked. The dynamic has changed.

As for the episode, my significant reaction was gee that got incredibly metaphysical all of a sudden. I wasn't expecting it but it actually came out kind of interesting. It breaks with the Upotte template at least.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote
As of episode 5 I'm pretty sure I'm done with this show. The first episode showed a ton of promise but since then it has just been downhill for me. I had hope for Kawajiri in his first time as director but I don't think he knows what he's doing and can't even maintain any sort of consistency in the themes or mood. There isn't even all that much Jazz to listen to like I had hoped. Oh well.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5
DAT fanservice. Anyways, decent episode and the girls looks great in their spoiler[swimsuits] in the latest episode. There was a reference with the flag in the episode that reminded me of something I once saw in a history textbook. Otherwise, enjoyable episode imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Reference was spoiler[US victory at Iwo Jima], somewhat surprised that they made that reference to be honest.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:04 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

It looks like Yura still spoiler[feels insecure, but in a way that she might be abandoned if she does not win], even she recognises that. But she is dealing with it spoiler[by being more aggressive, and in turn it looks like she is pushing herself and forgetting to have fun]. It looks like Sonora is worried about her. I was actually finding myself thinking that it would probably be best for Yura to spoiler[get knocked out of a match for once, maybe getting to confident for her own good].

On other news, just woken up with bed hair Yura was adorable, although her cute side being spoiler[contrasted by the fact she stomped through flowers she liked] is interesting. Can forgive a little fanservice, although I would have liked the other team to have a bigger part.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:49 am Reply with quote
^
I agree with you DuskyPredator about Yura having an insecurity. It looks like Sonora may rightly be concerned that Yura will turn into that stuck-up bitch Haruna on the winning team in episode three, who only cares about winning and doesn't know how to have fun. What Yura needs is to lose while trying her hardest and her teammates being there for her and telling her it's okay, so that she isn't so concerned as to whether she wins or not. Until she loses she'll just get worse, because the victory streak will get longer and longer and there'll be more pressure on her (so she'll think). Of course, I wonder if it wasn't Sonora's words that made Yura so obsessed with winning in the first place.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
The main theme itself is pretty consistent other than what happened in episode 4. At least it seems so to me.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5 had a "now I've seen everything moment."

In this case: A bunch of Japanese girls enacting an Iwo Jima homage. Or did I see it wrong?

I wonder what Japanese audiences think of that.

Also it seemed like someone crashed the animation budget this week -- the beach party scenes were nothing but stills, and that was hardly the only shortcut.

And how did Yura manage to spoiler[run into heavy crossfire with no cover to capture the flag, anyway?]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:39 am Reply with quote
No, you're seeing right. They were also wearing American helmets in Yura's imagination. I guess if you're focused on winning, identify with the winners?
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6
A fun episode I guess with the spoiler[lobster and 'get wet' strategy. One interesting part is regarding Yura's brief flashbacks and the fact that she now feels more at ease with friends] than before.

Oh and rematch against Rin soon huh? Hmm....

Also regarding that match betweenspoiler[ Yura vs. Sonora, a little girl got injured during the duel?]..someone want to fill me in on this?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

I hope that spoiler[lobster] becomes a running gag, it can become their spoiler[mascot, a mascot that freaks them out each time it scuttles through the scene dashing their dreams each time].

While Yura finding that she does have a place in the club is heart warming, the series is also continuing to build up the pressure with Yura focusing too much on victory over everything else. Sadly Sonora has not pointed it out yet despite obviously be bothered by it. This time Yura spoiler[went seriously for victory in a little show, and did not even flinch from her friend running into a little girl, something she should have done, but she just shut it off].

And we got two guys in the show too, nice that they weren't shown to be mean which was what I was expecting, although spoiler[one did cross-dress for a length of time.]

I did like the imagine spot it was both interesting to watch, and said something about our character.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quote
Crunchyroll finally lifted its embargo so now I'm allowed to start this series {illegal downloads would be easier. I don't get this..}. Anyways, this was my pick of the "preseason" and the first episode was better than I had anticipated. So many things to love:

The running gag of the "new girl's random encounter when lost at a new school" who "happens to be her roommate" and "later becomes her best friend". You really are the main character in your own life.

And in following, digs at K-On and Girls Und Panzer. What are school clubs that are taken too lightly and too seriously?

Ramboization, specifically First Blood. Nice Hat there, Sheriff.

Of all the things to find underneath a girl's pillow, a gun isn't what I was thinking of. But it is safer, at least...

Nicknames don't count as names. Good to know.

Trying to separate weird from perverted and failing.

Good humor, good animation and an engaging group of girls, what's not to like?
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:21 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 6

I hope that spoiler[lobster] becomes a running gag, it can become their spoiler[mascot, a mascot that freaks them out each time it scuttles through the scene dashing their dreams each time].

While Yura finding that she does have a place in the club is heart warming, the series is also continuing to build up the pressure with Yura focusing too much on victory over everything else. Sadly Sonora has not pointed it out yet despite obviously be bothered by it. This time Yura spoiler[went seriously for victory in a little show, and did not even flinch from her friend running into a little girl, something she should have done, but she just shut it off].

And we got two guys in the show too, nice that they weren't shown to be mean which was what I was expecting, although spoiler[one did cross-dress for a length of time.]

I did like the imagine spot it was both interesting to watch, and said something about our character.

I got halfway through your post and then realized you weren't talking about the last episode I saw and I was missing one. LOL.

So yeah, I hope it becoming a recurring gag too.

As always I loved the movie bit. Though it did make me long for another Wild Arms game.

It was kind of weird to hear that sound effect in the last gag when they were all running around frantic. I don't recall hearing it in anime very often and always saw it as more of a Looney Tunes type of thing. The thing seemed to collapse in a more western animation fashion too, having the top deft gravity for a while. Who knows. Maybe it's made of gravel or sand and there was bad lag.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm not enjoying this show as much as I was back during ep 1. GuP is definitely much better. Hopefully this will change with the spoiler[upcoming air soft tournament]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9