• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: MyNavi Poll: Which Fate/Zero Character to Go Out With

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Ani-watcher wrote:
Rin in the top 5 listings, no surprises there because she's not only cute/hot, she's awesome.

She's my favourite in the series. Very Happy

She's only like 6 or 7 dude.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:54 pm Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:
Ani-watcher wrote:
Rin in the top 5 listings, no surprises there because she's not only cute/hot, she's awesome.

Most people are presumably not separating her from her 17 year old incarnation in Fate/Stay Night.

Though I really must question the taste of those who chose Sakura. Yes, she's sweet, but...there are significant downsides.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:16 am Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
nhat wrote:
CrowLia wrote:
What is wrong with these people? Kiritsugu and Kirei at the top? Both are horrible people! There is no appreciation for chivalry anymore. Why Lancer is so low in the poll is absolutely beyond me D:

Seriously, Kiritsugu... I don't even...

Yea... guess the girls really do like the bad boys

Ugh in no way would I pick those two. Archer is even a better date! He would be so much fun. Lancer would be the best though for dates. Or even Rider over the top two choices Anime hyper

did you see the episode that aired last saturday or the one before that why would anyone want to date someone who repeatedly does that. I mean both times he had an ok reason but talk about overkill.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:19 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Ani-watcher wrote:

Most people are presumably not separating her from her 17 year old incarnation in Fate/Stay Night.

Though I really must question the taste of those who chose Sakura. Yes, she's sweet, but...there are significant downsides.

spoilers everyone, everyone has not seen fate/stay night that has been watching zero
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:21 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

spoilers everyone, everyone has not seen fate/stay night that has been watching zero

Rin's existence in Fate/Stay Night is not a spoiler.

And I said nothing specific at all about Sakura.
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:34 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:
Ani-watcher wrote:

Are you kidding me? This is a poll about who you'd date specifically from Fate/Zero. Not in the future, as they are in the present in this story. No excuses please, If people don't want to be seen as pedobears, then they should say her from her 17 year old incarnation in Fate/Stay Night.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:38 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

Are you kidding me?

Me? Never!

Besides, sarcasm and humor is lost on you.
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:48 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:

Are you kidding me?

Me? Never!

Besides, sarcasm and humor is lost on you.

Just like it is on you when the discussion turns to srs!bsns!iseelesbiansineveryanime. We all have our flaws.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
dragon695 wrote:

Just like it is on you when the discussion turns to srs!bsns!iseelesbiansineveryanime. We all have our flaws.

The amount of time I spend discussing lesbians is much, much less than the amount of time you spend bitching about how things exist that you don't like.

In fact, I don't even bring it up unless its directly relevant to the topic at hand (Black Rock Shooter, K-On), while you feel compelled to post in every thread about a subject you do not personally approve of, and take every opportunity to beat up on the strawman Otaku stereotype you are so proud of yourself for not being.

So please, spare me the false equivalencies.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:58 am Reply with quote
everyone play nice
dragon695

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:38 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
dragon695 wrote:

The amount of time I spend discussing lesbians is much, much less than the amount of time you spend bitching about how things exist that you don't like.

This would be more meaningful if you didn't spend just as much time complaining about people not liking what you like.Laughing
Fencedude5609 wrote:

In fact, I don't even bring it up unless its directly relevant to the topic at hand (Black Rock Shooter, K-On), while you feel compelled to post in every thread about a subject you do not personally approve of, and take every opportunity to beat up on the strawman Otaku stereotype you are so proud of yourself for not being.

I find it hilarious that you think you only brought it up for those three series. I've seen you bring it up on a number of unrelated series, including PMMM. You also need to look up the meaning of the word strawman. My comments about Japanese otaku, as it relates to this poll, are well-founded as 20% is certainly not an outlier. Your sophomoric attempts to justify the result are ludicrous, but most people can still see the 20% result for what it is: quite a few Japanese otaku are pedobears.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:02 am Reply with quote
On what grounds, exactly, are you claiming the voters were more likely pedophiles than people who failed to separate characters from their older incarnations? Ultimately we have no evidence either way, so claiming your position is the gospel truth is extremely disingenuous.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
everyone play nice

Indeed, and this time it's coming from a moderator. Nobody cares about your personal disagreements with one another and it's generally irrelevant to this thread. Take it to private channels and get this thread back on track.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3