• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maison Ikkoku Box 5 Available

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sokkan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:27 pm Reply with quote
And thus Sokkan was happy that the release was announced, yet slightly unsatisfied with having to order from Right Stuf, who he does not trust with international orders.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number My Anime
Proman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad they are releaseing more Maison Ikkoku boxets and I hope that they won't stop with this one. It's a really great series and an even better manga.
Also, RightStuff is a great website, Sokkan, I know many people who bought DVDs from them and they were always satisfied.
P.S. Is that Mr. Yotsuya, on you avatar, Sokkan Wink ?
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:51 pm Reply with quote
I still need to get box's 2-4 as well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Ryuko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:57 am Reply with quote
I find it irritating that they're not selling it in stores... I wish more people would recognize the awesomeness of Maison Ikkoku. (sniff)
kusanagi-sama

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:32 am Reply with quote
It'll be in stores after awhile. Some stores will buy a few from TRSI or VIZ and place it on their shelves, with a markup of course.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:29 am Reply with quote
kusanagi-sama wrote:
It'll be in stores after awhile. Some stores will buy a few from TRSI or VIZ and place it on their shelves, with a markup of course.

A few specialty shops might decide to do that, but I doubt very many. I don't think Viz is going to turn around and release these items to retail distribution, so as you said, any store that carries it will have to buy it from TRSI or Viz
Ataru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:20 am Reply with quote
Wow, big first for Rumiko fans. Urusei Yatsura finally hitting new ground since VHS and the return of Maison Ikkoku dubbed, minus some will missed voices. Is Gerard Plunkett still playing Yotsuya?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
otimus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:43 am Reply with quote
Well, that sucks.
I Hate right stuf.
Their specials are alright, but their prices dwarf everything else, and almost every time I order something from them, it takes 1-2 weeks to even ship.
But, besides that, my biggest beef with them is their ridiculous prices compared to other retailers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
nagash

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:24 am Reply with quote
I have an anime/game retail business (collectible shows, cons, and on ebay, and no, I do not sell bootlegs), and I can say that Right Stuff is not the only one you can buy it from. I go through an entirely different distributor and I can get them.
I believe the SRP is $50 for the first box set (not sure about the later ones but I don't see why it would be higher). I don't know what those of you who have bought it paid for it, but I know what I can buy that set for, and I know I wouldn't be selling it for $50 (not much less, but not $50).
You just have to keep your eyes open for the deals.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1