• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Hatsukoi Limited TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:53 pm Reply with quote
More Marble for American ears =win

plus the anime is pretty good too, if you like the genre
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

plus the anime is pretty good too, if you like the genre

I don't like the genre, and I still found it surprisingly good! I'm glad something good happened on this terrible day. Will be buying!
fireaxe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I read the manga first before this even aired, and loved it. Then I watched the anime series, and loved it just as much. Don't let the creator's previous works fool you, this is an extremely funny and surprisingly compelling story of teenagers-being-teenagers. It's not just your average ecchi rom-com, well at least it wasn't for me...
I'm psyched that it finally got licenced (should have been done years ago but at least now it's done), and I'm very pleased to see Sentai get it (which means it'll be upfor preorders rather soon, right?). Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I'll be buying this. Love Sentai so much. They seem to have the buisness nailed down for the next year in their favour.

Im looking forward to a possible flood when we get into the new season of anime as last time Sentai picked up almost everything.

Also hopefully this license puts us one step closer to a possible Lovely Complex license Question
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Dammit! I really wanted this one dubbed and Blu-ray. Sad I was waiting since it ended.... Well I won't get mad. Sentai is getting alot of my Money and they will continue to get it because there line up is Awesome! I am looking forward to there future blu-rays.. Hopefully this one will be popular enough to get dubbed and Blu-ray later..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
khryoleoz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Finally! Been waiting for such an announcement for this title forever.
Xanas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I liked Hatsukoi Limited but a DVD sub-only release with the extremely boring packing is not going to be a priority purchase for me. I'm sure I'll buy other things from Sentai in the meantime, but this one will wait a bit. That may mean it never gets a dub, but I can't get it hoping for that. This is not a Clannad.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I literally gasped at this. YES!!!!! I would have preferred NISA get it due to their nice cases and artbooks but this is a definite buy.

A lot of my dream titles are getting picked up this year (Zettai Karen, Kure-nai, Bantorra, GE999, Samurai Pizza). I will scream like a school girl if School Days gets announced by someone.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
I would have preferred NISA get it due to their nice cases and artbooks but this is a definite buy.

For purely selfish reasons, I am not enthused by NISA getting a license, since they don't stream. Unless a title was already streamed prior to them acquiring the license, that means the only way I will see any of those titles is if I make arrangements to start renting anime discs again.
Razzuel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Sigh, once again Sentai relegates a show that had a Blu-ray release to DVD only. Maybe I should just stop buying their DVD only releases to send them the message that I don't want DVDs anymore, especially when everything made nowadays is near HD/HD resolution.
Xanas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
That's basically what I'm doing. I'll stand for sub-only from them, but not sub-only DVD.
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Xanas wrote:
That's basically what I'm doing. I'll stand for sub-only from them, but not sub-only DVD.

That's an interesting stand to take when considering Sentai's licenses and release plans.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:45 pm Reply with quote
*hugs Sentai*

I wuv you guys. I was starting to despair about this one getting picked up (it's almost 3 years old) so this comes as very welcome news. Now if Maiden Japan would just pick up Zombie-Loan...
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:49 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the series until they decided to end it in a fashion like Ichigo 100%. Still, a very entertaining series nonetheless

Quote:
Sigh, once again Sentai relegates a show that had a Blu-ray release to DVD only. Maybe I should just stop buying their DVD only releases to send them the message that I don't want DVDs anymore, especially when everything made nowadays is near HD/HD resolution.

The BD would be an upscale. The show aired in 540-576p so DVD is fine as is. Japan got a blu-ray version, but it looked pretty bad if you ask me.

Last edited by Kit-Tsukasa on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
agila61

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:50 pm Reply with quote
I wondered whether there was a pattern to the difference in the ANN announcement graphic and the Crunchyroll one. ANN first, Crunchyroll after:

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5