• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Negima!? DVD 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TnAdct1

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote
kkofthefunkoff wrote:
I've been buying episodes off itunes and can't belive spoiler[that ayaka is the one who created the darkness because she wanted negi back, but could not control it.]
Don't you mean spoiler[Anya?]

As for me, I felt that the sho had a lot of promise, especially when it recognized the Pactios that Negi made with Nodoka, Setsuna, and Konoka (one thing from the manga that was all but ignored in the Xebec version). However, it went downhill once everyone found out Negi's secret, as it resulted in the show having to give screen time to characters that are pretty much one dimensional in this version of the story (while more enjoyable characters, like Nodoka, are forced into the background).
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:46 am Reply with quote
Well unfortunately that was the only flaw when it came to the girs,however their obession over the the liitle half pint never changed.Even anya's like that but will never admit it.Same with Nekane. it's that kind of in house fighting that made the series funny and if anyone read Vol 18 during the conclusion of the mahora festival with the issue of chao's family tree,you'll see why.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:20 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:

Question
What's up with the pan drops? Is this to represent a "D'oh!" moment? I've seen it in other series, but the timing seems to be off, so I'm at a loss on what the purpose is to represent.
Clearly the director and the production staff didn't learn their lesson from a previous show they worked on. Namely, that excessive and mistimed falling pans do in fact detract from the experience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2