• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2012 Round 3: Groups A-H

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:10 am Reply with quote
* Hisa Takei - Saki Episode of Side A - 224 (Winner)
Cthugha - Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - 272

what? Saki has to win every match so badly that even when they have less votes they still win?
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote
GO GO YA YO I
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:45 am Reply with quote
I'd personally like to see Meat pull off the stunning upset, but at this point I'm pretty sure not even the anti-voters can prevent a Saki girl from winning it all. I'd be fine with the Koromo winning it, or really any of the girls besides Nodoka. She bothers me for some reason.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:48 am Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:
I'd personally like to see Meat pull off the stunning upset, but at this point I'm pretty sure not even the anti-voters can prevent a Saki girl from winning it all. I'd be fine with the Koromo winning it, or really any of the girls besides Nodoka. She bothers me for some reason.

Has anyone with boobs actually won before?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Sailor S wrote:

Has anyone with boobs actually won before?

You realize Mami won last year right?

Anyway, this year is Saki domination, as expected. I'd like for Akarin, Toki, or Yuu to take it personally. Well, Hisa would be my first choice but she doesn't have a chance. Kodomo would be fine too. Pretty much like the person above the only Saki I don't want to win would be Nodoka.
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote
Kobato Hasegawa and Iori Minase lost.

AND Louise beat Nagi.

This is IMPOSIBRU!!!!!!

At least Hinata Hakamada and Shana won.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:52 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

You realize Mami won last year right?

I didn't really pay attention last year, to be honest.
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:02 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
* Hisa Takei - Saki Episode of Side A - 224 (Winner)
Cthugha - Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - 272

what? Saki has to win every match so badly that even when they have less votes they still win?

Hisa is listed in the top 10 vote-getters with 334 votes; so the 224 above is probably a mistype.
Team Rocket Elite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:41 am Reply with quote
Hisa's real vote total was 334. The match to look forward to is the B Block finals on October 17 (Japan time). Akari is likely the strongest non-Saki character while Toki is likely the strongest Saki character. The winner of this match has a great chance to take the whole tournament.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:43 am Reply with quote
Team Rocket Elite wrote:
Hisa's real vote total was 334. The match to look forward to is the B Block finals on October 17 (Japan time). Akari is likely the strongest non-Saki character while Toki is likely the strongest Saki character. The winner of this match has a great chance to take the whole tournament.

Also Group A is a fated rematch.

RINSHAN KAIHOU vs. HAITEI RAOYUE
NeverSleep

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:52 am Reply with quote
Nice to see that Shana and Louise still have some steam to keep moving a little more.
sburstall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:18 am Reply with quote
You mean there are other tournaments besides the ISML??
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quote
sburstall wrote:
You mean there are other tournaments besides the ISML??

Anime Saimoe has been around far longer than ISML. In fact, ISML is the newest of bunch: Anime Saimoe, Korean Best Moe, Korean Super Best Moe, Chinese Saimoe, SaiGar all came before it.

After the last round, I've lost 1 of my remaining 6 block picks (Ririchiyo)
Groups B, C, D, and H are probably the matches to watch. B could very well decide who wins the tournament. If Toki wins, she'll probably win. If Akari wins, the Saki fanbase could very well crumble along with it.
C is mostly because Precure has never made it so far in the 9 years it has competed. Really curious to see how far Yayoi can keep on holding the flag
D is mostly because Hinata could be the wildcard of the tournament. After a god awful start in the main tournament by the Ro-Kyu-Bu! team, Hinata seems to constantly be the upset. Considering Shana barely escaped Airi and Hinata is undoubtedly stronger, I really want to see how she will fare against Louise. If anything, I would actually like to see Hinata, Shana, or Toki win the whole tournament at this point.
H is mostly because this is likely Shana's last year. Considering she barely escaped Airi (thanks to a final hour rush) and Sena continues to pull off last-minute wins, I want to see if Shana can continue living the dream, especially having backed her since 2006, which was effectively the peak of J-Saimoe. The image below explains the ridiculousness of her match with Airi:

And for anyone curious of the status of the current block final match (Saki vs. Koromo)...it seems Koromo is losing...badly.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:

And for anyone curious of the status of the current block final match (Saki vs. Koromo)...it seems Koromo is losing...badly.

Well obviously, its a New Moon tonight, Koromo's at an extreme disadvantage.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1