• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Twilight Graphic Novel Sells 66,000 Copies in First Week

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:19 am Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:
Any chance you'll be able to find out what the ads were for? If there was an extra, it was smart of them to put it after ads. It makes the reader go through them to get the rest. That is, unless the copy with misprinted of course.

I'll look again next time I go to the bookstore and report back. (That'll probably be later this week most likely.) Unless someone else beats me to it.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 pm Reply with quote
BunnyCupCakes wrote:

Hahahahaha....uh, no.
What people enjoy in their entertainment does NOT always reflect what they believe in or support, in real life.
Fantasy=/=real life.

Don't make such assumptions.

I couldn't agree with you more if you were paying me, Bunny.

I mean, c'mon, DS. Should I go ahead and assume you like and promote drinking because of your username? And are therefore a promoter of wife beating by proxy? Hahahaha. Sheesh.

Twilight is what it is. No amount of screaming online or in person, no amount of gushing or overreacting to it will change that.

I would be supremely surprised if in 5 years time, people are even still talking about the series with such venom, passion, whathaveyou. Rolling Eyes It's all rather silly to me.
LKK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:26 pm Reply with quote
LKK wrote:
RestlessOne wrote:
Does anyone have any verification for this? I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Odd, I remember there being ads at the back of the book when I flipped through it Thursday night. I can't tell you what was advertised, but I do remember there being ads.

You were right. I was wrong. I checked this evening, and there aren't any ads at the back of the Twilight graphic novel. Definitely a lost opportunity. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8