• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Amagami SS+ TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:22 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

And also don't knock Sentai, I prefer them over Funi by a wide margin because they seem to license fun shows, while Funi seems to just pick up whatever is big.

They tend to license bargain basement slice of life garbage and shows only four people have ever heard of. Funimation picks what's big because those shows tend to be big for a reason: because they're actually good.

I say "tend", though.

Plus, Funimation actually can put together a decent dub now and then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:01 am Reply with quote
Penguintruth: "Amagami is unknown because I say it is, despite some form of evidence that refutes the claim."
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:17 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Penguintruth: "Amagami is unknown because I say it is, despite some form of evidence that refutes the claim."

It's called hyperbole. I don't mean that it is literally unknown. I mean that it's not a huge title. And its one of many, many identical programs, most of which make up Sentai's catalogue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:05 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

It's called hyperbole. I don't mean that it is literally unknown. I mean that it's not a huge title. And its one of many, many identical programs, most of which make up Sentai's catalogue.

And given that license fees appear to either be nonexistent or are historically low combined with a cheap sub-only release, this and those other releases sustain Sentai and grow their catalog.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:58 am Reply with quote
Everyone's arguments aside, I'm happy to see this licensed even though I still need the second set of the first series. It looks like a cute little title, the kind of thing I like every now and then.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Everyone's arguments aside, I'm happy to see this licensed even though I still need the second set of the first series. It looks like a cute little title, the kind of thing I like every now and then.

Rightstuf has it on sale for $19.99.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
Gyt Kaliba wrote:

Rightstuf has it on sale for $19.99.

Ooh, thanks, I'd missed that part of the sale somehow. May have to nab this when I order my girlfriend's Christmas present.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:19 am Reply with quote
I've been wanting to see this since it aired either this year or last year, but I wouldn't have minded waiting a couple more years to see if some other company would grab it and do a BD release.

Sentai's DVD only for every show I"m personally interested in stance combined with their grocery store check out lane DVD rack quality packaging makes them a company that I only want touching series that have been available for like 5+ years and no other company in the English speaking world wants to release. I dislike when they grab something recent and then make it DVD only.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2