• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Biglobe Poll: Most Anticipated Winter 2013 Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:05 pm Reply with quote
lizardking461 wrote:
Savanna Game (should be released next season given it was meant to start this year)

Savanna Game isn't on any Japanese release charts or tv listings, nor does it have any staff announced and it doesn't even have an anime TV website yet. Its novel website hasn't even been updated in over 6 months. I think its safe to say its not airing in Winter, even if Neregate has it on their charts for some reason.
why no guest post option?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:20 pm Reply with quote
vividred is also my most anticipated winter anime
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:55 pm Reply with quote
…to the surprise of no one.

Despite being moe'd out, I'm not going to complain too much considering some of the recent past seasons of really good, varied anime. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a season like this one (I tend not to like ones dominated by any single genre, particularly the oversaturated moe one, but hey…).

That being said, I fully expect Vividred Operation to move 40,000+ units and perhaps even be pre-licensed. It looks too much like Strike Witches 2.0 spoiler[(a relatively-consistent, but ultimately bland/unremarkable, series with "yeah, there it is" fanservice)], but I'll still give at least the first episode a shot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Glad to see Vividred Operation first, its basically the spiritual successor to Strike Witches (same director/creator), along with the script writer of Code Geass/Guilty Crown. Should be a good one.

Why oh WHY would anyone want the script writer for Code Geass or Guilty Crown on their staff. THEY BOTH ARE(or become) HORRIBLY WRITTEN SHOWS. Guilty Crown in particular is a horribly written show. Did the person who wrote that show every think about the internal logic of the show?!?!
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Glad to see Vividred Operation first, its basically the spiritual successor to Strike Witches (same director/creator), along with the script writer of Code Geass/Guilty Crown. Should be a good one.

Why oh WHY would anyone want the script writer for Code Geass or Guilty Crown on their staff. THEY BOTH ARE(or become) HORRIBLY WRITTEN SHOWS. Guilty Crown in particular is a horribly written show. Did the person who wrote that show every think about the internal logic of the show?!?!

Some may call the "Trainwrecks", but I found the stories totally addicting and I loved all the debates online about what would happen next. Both shows were my most anticipated anime each week of their seasons... I always wanted to see what big plot twist they would do next.
shabaz92

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:

Despite being moe'd out, I'm not going to complain too much considering some of the recent past seasons of really good, varied anime. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a season like this one (I tend not to like ones dominated by any single genre, particularly the oversaturated moe one, but hey…).
Agreed, I think a 'slow' season is good once in awhile since it helps recharge the ol battery. Although the list doesn't take into account all of the shows from fall that will be continuing into winter so it remains to be seen just how slow the winter really will be.

For me, I'm looking forward to the new season of Boku wa Tomodachi and Chihayafuru(loved the 1st season for both). Tamako Market seems interesting at first glace but can't really judge a show too much based on a couple promo pics. Mondai-Ji-tachi looks like a fun little action/adventure series. Ore no Kanojo also looks promising. Also planning to check out Maoyū Maō Yūsha.
lizardking461

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
lizardking461 wrote:
Savanna Game (should be released next season given it was meant to start this year)

Savanna Game isn't on any Japanese release charts or tv listings, nor does it have any staff announced and it doesn't even have an anime TV website yet. Its novel website hasn't even been updated in over 6 months. I think its safe to say its not airing in Winter, even if Neregate has it on their charts for some reason.

Ah, thanks for the info.
Yet more do my hopes dwindle...
dan9999

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
mistress_kisara wrote:
Boring! Not surprising at all.. Confused At least Chihayafuru got 6th place..

kgw wrote:
Moe. Moe everywhere. Sigh.

Thatguy3331 wrote:
I didn't realize there was anything to anticipate, it looked more or less like a sleeper season to me at least...

Ggultra2764 wrote:
This looks to be quite an underwhelming upcoming new season for anime. Sad

Glad so many of us share the same feelings. Its just SAD, but th winter season always sucks hard anyway, of the few couple really good series: Chihaya.

lizardking461 wrote:
I'm not sure what's sadder: that so many shows exist merely to cater to lonely, perverted Japanese males, or that enough of such people exist to warrant effectively a myriad of such shows....

Since the later is the culprit and consequence of the first, the later undoubtedly its a more sadder truth.

Looking at the bright side, Jojo, Bakuman, Uchuu Kyouidai, , Shinsekai Yori, Ginga he kick off, Chihaya, between others will keep many of us going.

Last edited by dan9999 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:49 pm Reply with quote
These are the anime I've got on my Plan to Watch list, in order of my interest:

1. Vividred Operation
2. Haganai Next
3. Tamako Market
4. Sasami-San
5. OreShura
6. Love Live
7. AKB0048
8. Mondaiji-tachi
9. Senran Kagura
10. Kotoura-San
11. Mangirl
12. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

I'll see if I have time to catch up with Da Capo and Minami-ke before the season airs. If so, I'll add them too.

And continuing from this season (not counting long runners like One Piece and Fairy Tail) I'll have...

Aikatsu
Gintama'
Ixion Saga DT
Little Busters
Pet Girl of Sakurasou
Magi
Robotic;Notes

Overall, not too bad of a season. Spring should be a lot better though.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
mistress_kisara wrote:
Boring! Not surprising at all..

You are completely correct. Summer and Winter are usually like this. There can be surprises, but those seasons are pretty thin. I don't know why Summer and Winter are always singled out. Maybe they figure that most people are busy with other things and the only people who have tons of time to watch TV are lonely otaku? -Why? -Maybe it has more to do with production companies and their schedules, with the ones who make all the fanservice and moe shows scheduling during those two seasons, and it just happens that way every year...

Whatever it is, I just use the time to watch continuing shows from past seasons, and catch up on the show I wanted to watch from previous seasons but didn't have the time. In a way, I'm really grateful for the breaks, since I would be more behind than I already am.

Of the new stuff, I will be trying out 3 for sure: Tamako Market, Hakkenden: Tōhō Hakken Ibun , and The Unlimited - Hyōbu Kyōsuke. Anything else will depend on what I see in the Preview Guide and The Stream.

Besides that, I will be watching eight continuing shows, including Chihayafuru and Hetalia. That's eleven shows total, plus a few I want to marathon.... so I'll be plenty busy.

My one big complaint is the same as last season - no one is legally streaming JoJo. Sad
nightjuan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

For the record, let's at least get the basic facts straight for a moment.

Hiroyuki Yoshino is the main script writer for Vividred Operation. He'll probably end up writing most or all of that show.

Nevertheless, Yoshino only scripted three episodes of Code Geass and is otherwise simply credited as assistant script writer.

He did, however, script more than half (13 out of 22 episodes) of Guilty Crown by himself and had the main writing credit there.

Yoshino's also worked on Macross Frontier, Magi, My-Hime, Sora no Woto and other titles of varying quality.

RyanSaotome wrote:

Some may call the "Trainwrecks", but I found the stories totally addicting and I loved all the debates online about what would happen next. Both shows were my most anticipated anime each week of their seasons... I always wanted to see what big plot twist they would do next.

Eh, that's a bit too much of a quick generalization for me. I rather liked Code Geass, even to this day, but I stopped watching Guilty Crown at one point and don't think I could say anything positive about it. In practice, the shows had more differences than similarities.

More importantly, I have absolutely no reason to care about Vividred Operation, which doesn't even look or sound remotely interesting so far. The artwork fails to amuse me and nothing about the "teenage girls fighting to protect the Earth" premise currently stands out in my eyes.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
mistress_kisara wrote:
Boring! Not surprising at all.. Confused At least Chihayafuru got 6th place..

True, moe moe across the top tier, but yeah. I'm thrilled that Chihayafuru scored in the top 10. My body is ready for it. Wink
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

For the record, let's at least get the basic facts straight for a moment.

Hiroyuki Yoshino is the main script writer for Vividred Operation. He'll probably end up writing most or all of that show.

Nevertheless, Yoshino only scripted three episodes of Code Geass and is otherwise simply credited as assistant script writer.

He did, however, script more than half (13 out of 22 episodes) of Guilty Crown by himself and had the main writing credit there.

Yoshino's also worked on Macross Frontier, Magi, My-Hime, Sora no Woto and other titles of varying quality.

RyanSaotome wrote:

Eh, that's a bit too much of a quick generalization for me. I rather liked Code Geass, even to this day, but I stopped watching Guilty Crown at one point and don't think I could say anything positive about it. In practice, the shows had more differences than similarities.

More importantly, I have absolutely no reason to care about Vividred Operation, which doesn't even look or sound remotely interesting so far. The artwork fails to amuse me and nothing about the "teenage girls fighting to protect the Earth" premise currently stands out in my eyes.

Ryansaotome actually gave me a valid reason for why he enjoyed them so I'll rephrase and say that guilty crown was a horribly written show and I wish that they would not write anymore anime original stories. and code geass did have some redemption to it but they atleast had a decent ending to it
kanechin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:28 pm Reply with quote
*cries*
Well, I better start space brothers and find some way to enjoy hetalia for there is no way I'm looking at the moe group for anything other than ecchi scenes.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, winter season is going to be disappointing for me. Moe doesn't necessarily bother me, but too much is like a sugar overload and the season feels a little shallow too. At least I'll get to watch Chihayafuru and hey seasons like this aren't all bad the extra free time allows me to catch up on my backlog. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6