• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Biglobe Poll: Most Anticipated Winter 2013 Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:27 am Reply with quote
So, can we call it the Worst Season Ever™, just like Fall, Summer, Spring, and so on?

Every single season brings shows that people eventually settle into and enjoy. Fully prejudging your enjoyment before any kind of input, reviews, or first impressions are made is kind of dumb. And then, how do you measure the success of a season? Does having a few standouts count more than the average score of all the shows combined? Or maybe it's just made from a few excellent standout series? Some of us do watch a good ten, fifteen, or even twenty series every three months, but not everyone watches all twenty-five or thirty every season.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:46 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
So, can we call it the Worst Season Ever™, just like Fall, Summer, Spring, and so on?

Dude, it's like The Simpsons - every season is the worse season ever now. Laughing
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
[Idolm@ster and SAO some of the best of this year. Oh boy, this is absolutely hilarious. Heck, I love Magi, but it's far from what I'd call "the best of this year"

The best visually and animation wise. Animation wise, it can't really be argued since Idolmaster and SAO are some of the rare TV anime to get to 24 FPS (frames per second) in certain scenes, while maintaing 16 FPS on average (most TV anime use between 4 and 8 FPS). The animation budget they have is on par with most movies.
Raneth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
While I'm flabbergasted by the choices the majority of the anime fandom seems to have made, people like what they like. I just wish more people liked what I like so more of what I like would be made.

I'm looking forward to Hetalia, and I will give Amnesia a try, as well as Mayou Maou Yuusha. I'm hoping Amnesia will be good, but like someone said previously, otome game adaptations have gone way downhill. The last one I actually enjoyed was Neo Angelique Abyss, and that was years ago.
dragon695

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:
I didn't realize there was anything to anticipate, it looked more or less like a sleeper season to me at least...

Its pretty much a really otaku aimed season. I expect it to be a bigger selling and enjoyable season for otaku than say, Spring 2012, which was considered a really "Good" season by non otaku.
---

Glad to see Vividred Operation first, its basically the spiritual successor to Strike Witches (same director/creator), along with the script writer of Code Geass/Guilty Crown. Should be a good one.

Quick, I better buy up stock in Jergens, since we know that otaku are going to be madly fapping to lots of animated waifus! Season looks like crap otherwise.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:18 am Reply with quote
Without trying out possible other series, I believe I have 11 confirmed watches. Assuming Senran Kagura isn't censored to hell and back, could mean I hold off on that until BDs like I am with TLR:D. Every season needs its dosage of unabashed raunchy fun. There's a few maybes in there, but it seems my list matches close with how this poll ranked them, mostly in terms of them being near the top but not necessarily in that order. Haganai 2 is probably top priority, followed by Chihayafuru 2, and Yuusha. AKB0048 2 and Mina Mike 4 are more casual followings, but not pertinent.

To people who grind their teeth every three months, do you also do the same with American TV when the networks and channels announce their slates and line-ups? But comparatively, we get like 120 TV anime a year, and thankfully they're not half-composed of cop/crime-scene dramactions. Maybe that's how you view the seasonal anime... Yeah, sucks that there's only like 4-5 tolerable shows a year.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
CrowLia wrote:
[Idolm@ster and SAO some of the best of this year. Oh boy, this is absolutely hilarious. Heck, I love Magi, but it's far from what I'd call "the best of this year"

The best visually and animation wise. Animation wise, it can't really be argued since Idolmaster and SAO are some of the rare TV anime to get to 24 FPS (frames per second) in certain scenes, while maintaing 16 FPS on average (most TV anime use between 4 and 8 FPS). The animation budget they have is on par with most movies.

If we look just at animation then yes there is a good argument to be made for both of those shows being top anime of the year. though story should be taken into account when looking at the best series of the year. best animation then you only look only at the animation.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:20 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
But comparatively, we get like 120 TV anime a year, and thankfully they're not half-composed of cop/crime-scene dramactions.

Just high school hijinks. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6