• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[todo] Hiding kanji name required for Isao Hayashi (#37974)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Isao HAYASHI (林 千夫) has 11 credits of which 10 belong to a person with a different kanji name:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
林 千夫 = HAYASHI Isao/Sachio? (director) (http://moe.imouto.org/wiki/show?title=hayashi_isao)
林 千夫 (1989) Dragon Ball Z (TV) : Animation Director (Allcinema gives credit for "林 千夫 = はやし・いちお" = HAYASHI Isao, apparently with one kanji too many)
(error) This is the current owner of this entry. But I don't see a way for 千夫 to be read as "Isao". (EDICT has no reading for 千夫 in combination; 千 alone could be "sen", "chi", "kazu", "yuki" but not "isa" whereas 夫 could be read as "o".)
Wikipedia has several 千夫 persons spelled as さちお = Sachio so this would be my best bet. Unfortunately ANN already has a HAYASHI Sachio 林 幸生 with one photographer credit so moving the DragonBall Z credit there would make HAYASHI Sachio a split case.
To make things even more confusing, this 林 幸生 is the only "Sachio" at ANN for 幸生 (with source = "(blank text box)") while all three other 幸生 are "Yukio" (both are amongst the 8 valid EDICT readings for 幸生). And on top of all this, HAYASHI Sachio is a kanji duplicate of HAYASHI Yukio 林 幸生 (one JMDB credit for "CG (T2 Studio)") for whom I just set the kanji name.
I don't know what to do best with this credit - only that it's in the way of all other credits in this posting as this Animation Director blocks the kanji name of the other person:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
林 勇雄 = HAYASHI Isao (animator, Nakamura Production)
(3 ENAMDICT readings for 勇雄 = Isao, Takeo, Yuuo; ANN has one 勇雄 person, Isao, the mangaka for Sacred Blacksmith)
林 勇雄 (2002) Princess Tutu (TV) : Key Animation ("Japanese credits"; better: livedoor wiki)
林 勇雄 (2002) Mobile Suit Gundam Seed (TV) : Key Animation (Nakamura Production) (D2_STATION)
林 勇雄 (2003) Planetes (TV) : Key Animation (Nakamura Production; ep 22) ("ep 22 credits"; better: D2_STATION)
林 勇雄 (2004) Hanaukyo Maid Team: La Verite (TV) : Key Animation (D2_STATION)
林 勇雄 (2004) Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny (TV) : Key Animation (Nakamura Production) (D2_STATION)
林 勇 (2006) Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) : Key Animation (Nakamura Pro) (D2_STATION; 勇男 has the same three readings as 勇雄)
林 勇雄 (2008) Shikabane Hime: Aka (TV) : Key Animation (livedoor wiki)
林 勇雄 (2009) Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (TV) : Key Animation (livedoor wiki)
林 勇雄 (2010) Chu-Bra!! (TV) : Key Animation (livedoor wiki)
林 勇雄 (2010) So-Ra-No-Wo-To (TV) : Assistant Animation Director (livedoor wiki)
(keep) This is the person I want to be the owner of this entry.

So I suggest hiding the kanji given name 千夫 (so that it can be replaced by 勇雄).

After this has happened I would flag the 1989 credit as error, with the kanji name 林 千夫 as explanation and a link to this thread.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1