• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Kaleido Star OAV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biliano

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I remember reading about this in the January 2005 issue of Newtype USA (Vol. 4-1, pp. 32-33). From what I understand, this will be Studio Gonzo's first attempt at a magical girl anime series. Then again, Gonzo is known as a studio that likes to experiment, so we'll see how this turns out. From what I read in the NTUSA article, Rosetta (the diabolo expert that Sora befriended in the series) is suppose to be an intergalactic policewoman fighting evil in a sexy bunny suit a la Nurse Witch Komugi.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quote
That's kind of disturbing Shocked

Even so it won't matter till we get another date release for the first DVD of New Wings. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote
A Magical Girl spinoff of Kaleido Star?

Dayum. The people over at Gonzo must really like this thing. Surprised
biliano

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Hi no Neko wrote:
The people over at Gonzo must really like this thing. Surprised

Probably. Smile This is the first time they're producing a magical girl anime. Check the anime series Gonzo worked on; there are no magical girl anime listed that they produced. (They did CG work on the OVA Magic User's Club.)

Last edited by biliano on Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
moon1315

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:07 am Reply with quote
I thought that was going to be a whole different series. I guess I was wrong. I also thought that the first dvd was going to be released in march. It doenst matter for me I have already seen the second series. You can buy it off e-bay. It is in japanese with english subtitles. But still good
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:39 am Reply with quote
Yes, there are all sorts of bootlegs that can be bought, but that's just not really the proper way to support Gonzo with your money, now is it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
moon1315

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:51 am Reply with quote
I plan on buying the DVDs when they come out in the US too I was just really impatient and wanted to see what would happen. So I am still going to support them they were just to slow. I like having both.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aaron White
Old Regular

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:43 am Reply with quote
Best subtitle since Transformers: Car-Robot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1