• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unedited YGO DVD Rumor

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nionel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Sorry if there is already a topic on this but I'm curious about it. Anyway, I read on the forums on another site that Funimation has put the unedited DVD releases for Yu-Gi-Oh on hiatus because of poor sales, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any truth to these rumors and whether or not the same fate has befallen the unedited Shaman King DVDs
keichi san

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I've heard about the uneditted dvds but I didn't know they were doing poorly. I would think people would jump at the chance to see an original uncut dvd.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Sadly I really dont think its worth seeing Yugioh unedited or edited for that matter. It doesnt suprise me that yugioh dvds dont sell well...while Im not a fan of Pokemon I think it is a far superior anime although yugioh has its moments. THere is way better stuff out there.
Nionel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:00 pm Reply with quote
*nods* Yeah, watching YGO edited doesn't really bother me too much, as the difference between edited/unedited aren't that drastic. I'm a little more concerned with whether or not the SK DVDs are being continued or not...
cyrax777

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:32 pm Reply with quote
irc werent the dvds they did release dub only in the one uncut set they did release and the us season one (jp season 2)

almost everyone I know that likes Yu Gi Oh wants the jp season 1

hell its the onluy Yu gi oh I liked. before it went to the card came.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cetus-kun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:48 am Reply with quote
4Kids doesn't have the license to the first series. It wasn't even animated by the same company and given the content and lack of cards I don't think they'd bother with it.

Slayer wrote:
Sadly I really don't think its worth seeing Yugioh unedited or edited for that matter. It doesnt suprise me that yugioh dvds don't sell well....

Actually didn't 4Kids say in a press release that the DVD's sold extremely well? I myself have the first two uncut YGO and my sister has the first two uncut SK.

EDIT: It was this press release: animenewsnetwork.com/pressrelease.php?id=838
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:07 pm Reply with quote
If the undited Yu Gi Oh dvd's were selling bad that's because they don't sell them at wal-mart.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1