• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy X|X-2 to Add New Half-Hour Drama During Credits

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lijachan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:45 am Reply with quote
Wow, for a minute I wanted to laugh because I thought they were gonna add a "drama" that isn't connected to the game or something. xD LOL
But it still doesn't seem clear, I'm excited for it though; wondering what it might be about... > 3<
But Square-Enix, why do you have to release so many titles I like this year? I have no effing money. UGH
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote
This must be why the release has been delayed.
Beized

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote
I just want to know if we're getting the international edition of X, with the expert sphere grid and dark aeons.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:03 am Reply with quote
That's going to be a pretty long credit roll. I may not care much for Square these days and pretty much feel their games for the past 5 years or more have been generally weak, I will give them that this is a pretty smart move. It will likely draw in some people who may have been on the fence about getting this version. On the other hand, the 30 minute show will no doubt find its way on YouTube and other sites relatively quickly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FlamingLight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote
Beized wrote:
I just want to know if we're getting the international edition of X, with the expert sphere grid and dark aeons.

I don't know why we wouldn't? I mean, the whole world is getting the FM versions of the KH ReMixs after all.
Dagon123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote
Beized wrote:

They'd be stupid not to considering everything was in English, especially for an HD remake/Remaster, whatever it is.

BUT, I wouldn't put it past them, I'd rather have those and Penance than an extra drama piece at the end.
Spoofer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:12 am Reply with quote
Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall hearing that the International Edition contents were going to be paid DLC additions. lol.

EDIT: http://www.vgleaks.com/possible-dlc-for-ps3-final-fantasy-xx-2-remakes/
Beized

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:14 am Reply with quote
Spoofer wrote:
Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall hearing that the International Edition contents were going to be paid DLC additions. lol.

Better than nothing I suppose, if that's indeed the case.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
Awesome. A new epilogue after all these years is probably going to make me cry with joy.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote
As far as the international version thing I know that in a interview with one of the people working on the game at E3 they said the this remaster is using the international as it's basis which I would assume means that it will indeed be that version but it is also possible they could remove stuff and have it be DLC although that is kinda stupid in my opinion.

I also wonder if they will have the little 10 or so minute scene that sets up X-2. It's basically Rikku going and finding Yuna after everyone has gone their separate ways and convincing her to come on the adventure that happens in X-2. I remember it was released on a Demo disc in the US but wasn't ever included in the game itself I don't know if other versions had it or not.

Either way I can't wait for this remaster. SE has been doing a bit more then I expected they would to make it look better. I honestly thought they would just bump the resolution to 1080 and push it out the door but they are fixing and cleaning up alot of stuff and making the character models much more detailed. I really hope this sells because they have confirmed that if this does well XII will likely get the HD treatment next and XII is my favorite Final Fantasy game and is still damn pretty to this day and if they gave that the same treatment as X/X-2 I would be in heaven.
Hamu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quote
SO EXCITED. Take my money Squeenix!!! <3
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I can't cite a source but I am almost positive it is the international version. And I have heard zero about DLC.

As for this new material since Final Fantasy X is my all time favorite game this news is like Christmas coming early. All I need now is a release date for it.
Collectonian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Yay extra drama!

The Amazon posting, which is the only one the official site is linking to for pre-orders at the moment, says it is using the international editions. I also remember seeing several articles on gaming sites noting it would be and that as such would include the FFX-2 prequel bit, but can't find any links at the moment.
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Spoofer wrote:

Square never said there will be DLC. DLC was just thought by Famitsu. Everybody is jumping to conclusions quickly.
ianiceboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:37 am Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:
I also wonder if they will have the little 10 or so minute scene that sets up X-2. It's basically Rikku going and finding Yuna after everyone has gone their separate ways and convincing her to come on the adventure that happens in X-2. I remember it was released on a Demo disc in the US but wasn't ever included in the game itself I don't know if other versions had it or not.

That X-2 prologue is called "Eternal Calm". It helps bridge the two games, and they refer to it in X-2, so it would make complete sense for them to include it in a compilation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2