• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Loveless Licensed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:51 am Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
is it okay for guys to like this show?

I like Loveless because of these two! Cool

And there's really no correllation between liking this type of thing and your own sexual preference. And another thing, I think it's a REAL pity that Media Blasters is not giving it a bilingual release. I mean even though it's primaraly a shounen-ai series, the series definetely has elements that'll appeal to the masses. This series got that busty catgirl Yuiko, a rather milquetoast Yayoi, normal couple and shoujo-ai couple teams, a very intriuguing battle system, and a very fascinating overall plot spoiler[though it doesn't get resolved.] It could have been the "next" Utena, a shoujo-ai series that does have mass appeal.

*sigh* But then there's the price. Rolling Eyes
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Actually, LOVELESS and Mirage of Blaze is the two shows that i have known straight guys watching. My brother watched LOVELESS and his favorite character was Yuiko and he is fond of Soubi's appearance.

Okay, anyway, i'm ReALLY happy that LOVELESS is finally LICENSED!!! I knew this would come, but it was only a question of when it's coming. I'm sort of disappointed that it will be subbed only but i'm also happy that it will be released early.
AuraShadow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:44 pm Reply with quote
AyumiHamasaki wrote:
Actually, LOVELESS and Mirage of Blaze is the two shows that i have known straight guys watching. My brother watched LOVELESS and his favorite character was Yuiko and he is fond of Soubi's appearance.

Okay, anyway, i'm ReALLY happy that LOVELESS is finally LICENSED!!! I knew this would come, but it was only a question of when it's coming. I'm sort of disappointed that it will be subbed only but i'm also happy that it will be released early.

I know!! Mirage of Blaze was awesome. I was thinking that Loveless and MoB were the only Shonen-ai's that have alot of good action and characters. I honestly don't mind it being subbed. *Soubi's voice is HOT* but this and Sukisyo have been released non-dubbed *I wonder why* I don't know any guys that would be willing to watch Loveless but oh well, I only hace one gay guy friend at school so he'll probably like it Anime hyper
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:01 pm Reply with quote
AuraShadow wrote:
I don't know any guys that would be willing to watch Loveless but oh well, I only hace one gay guy friend at school so he'll probably like it Anime hyper

You're right I'm probably not going to pick it up. But I have found gay humor between guys in anime to be very very funny. I'm even thinking about getting Gravitation, since I heard it's supposed to be funny and involves gay humor. Does Loveless have any comedy in it?

icepick314 wrote:
am i turning spoiler[gay]?

lol, I found it really funny that you put a spoiler tag on that. Are you suggesting that I am your girlfriend or something and that you don't want to tell me the truth that your actually gay? (if I was a girl that is)

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kisa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:06 pm Reply with quote
im looking forward this to be released on dvd although it would have have been nice to hear a dub a version but you hear once the sub version you'll never listen to the dub Twisted Evil *goes to watch the dub* Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ritskua

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:53 pm Reply with quote
the japanese voice actors are great (esp soubi... oooh so sexy) I'd hate to see it dubbed.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:10 pm Reply with quote
ritskua wrote:
the japanese voice actors are great (esp soubi... oooh so sexy) I'd hate to see it dubbed.

Then just watch the Japanese audio option. Not like you're going to be forced to watch the dub or anything once the DVDs come out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
shimahito

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Finally licenced. I can't wait till it's here! ^^ And I don't mind if it's only a subbed version, quite the contrary. But, to have to wait until FEB? It's like really slow, painful torture - filled with this bubbly feeling of knowing something good's coming this way and it's only a matter of time! ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2