• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Soul Calibur II HD Online Game's Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I won't say the HD remake isn't an upgrade, but I dont remember the original looking nearly as bad as they presented it there. Been a few years, but still.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:05 pm Reply with quote
So does it have the extensive single player mode or is this just an arcade port like the first Soul Calibur HD was?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
This isn't Blazblue or Guilty Gear we're talking about here. Most people buying this are gonna just play online.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
This isn't Blazblue or Guilty Gear we're talking about here. Most people buying this are gonna just play online.

Yeah, thats why SC5 had terrible sales after removing the single player content.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
I've heard/read it'll be based off the PS2 version (dunno about if the other console exclusive characters will make a return), so yeah, hopefully everything (all those awesome modes) will be there.

Hopefully would like it the way to unlock stuff normally if not all at start, but we'll see.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Good to see Heihachi back for this HD release. I think Nintendo will be cool with Link being back for the Wii U release but the real wild card is whether Todd McFarlane will allow Spawn back. In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft decided to replace him with Master Chief for the XBox 360 version.
OtakunX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
If there is no single player content like in the original then I have no interest in it.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Wow. The graphics on this suck. IMO an "HD" remake of a game should look better than this.

I remember the original game looking pretty cool, for its time, on Gamecube. IMO an HD remake of a game for "current" gen consoles should look as good by current gen standards as the original game looked by the standards of its console generation. That is, this should be able to compete graphically with "native" 360/PS3 3d fighters in terms of graphics.

I wish they'd hold off on this until the PS4/Xbone as then this game could be Full HD (and perhaps more easily get a Steam/PC version) instead of whatever this is. I'm not even sure that it is HD: it wouldn't be the first console game to run at a resolution < 1280*720. Even if it is HD that really isn't good enough in an era where 1080 TVs are ubiquitous and 4k TVs are getting closer and closer to being mainstream.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1