• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your avatar.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:10 am Reply with quote
You can feel free to use this one I cropped up if you want. It's ANN compliant.

(artist: silverXP spoiler[http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=29777842] assume link is nsfw
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
You can feel free to use this one I cropped up if you want. It's ANN compliant.

(artist: silverXP spoiler[http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=29777842] assume link is nsfw

Thanks but eh, I think I'll pass on this one as well. I think I might be looking for more an image of her showing her in despair but with only her face showing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Bango I'm sorry about being delayed with my post there. I haven't been around in a few days. I'm actually pretty familiar with Maliseet patterns. Even though they're not directly related to my heritage, I have a background in archaeology so I have seen a lot of those patterns and you're totally right. They do look a lot like the stylized Ainu patterns that she wore for sure!
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I have switched to Link and Zelda from Skyward Sword.

It's not really in commemoration of the Wind Waker HD bundle being released, because it uses SS designs and is 2 days late, but the bundle did remind me of it.

Did you know:
In Wind Waker, Link sets out on a quest to save his kidnapped little sister and teams up with a girl who looks just like his sister and who may or may not be her.

In Twilight Princess, Link is forced to team up with a mysterious girl who suddenly shows up in his life one day, who begrudgingly works with him, starting with many complaints and gradually warming up to him.

In Skyward Sword, Link goes on a quest with a childhood friend, who wakes him up whenever he oversleeps or takes too long a nap somewhere.

So far it's hit imouto, tsundere, and osananajimi fetishes. I wonder what's next.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Did you just say Tetra and Aryll look the same? Do you really believe that? I don't think the best contortionist could stretch like that.

And you thought they were the same person at one point? Granted, I didn't see spoiler[Zelda=Tetra] when I first played it (when I was 12), but I never thought Aryll and Tetra were the same.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Raftina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I said Tetra and Aryll look the same, though that was based more on the game playing up their visual resemblance rather than their appearance to the viewer being the same--much like how Link thinks Marin looks like Zelda.

Perhaps "reminds of" was the better phrase.
ZeroXSword

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
My avatar is Bobobo from the manga and anime Bobobo-Bo bo-Bobo.

I picked him because i think he embodies a comedic hero so well and exceeds that. Bobobo is one of the funniest manga i have ever read. The anime is pretty great too. It's about a time where hair is out ruled by the evil emperor(who's bald) and everyone must shave their heads. Bobobo(who has an afro) wants to get rid of the emperor and take their freedom back. Bobobo can stretch his nose hairs to attack. Along the way he gets some companions.

Basically, i chose Bobobo because he reminds me of myself a little. In the fact that i always try and help others.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:15 am Reply with quote
Decided to go with a brand-new avatar instead of continuing to reuse my Yukari/Reimu one. Now it's Yura from C3-bu.

rheiders

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
This will probably change again in about a week to an Eccentric Family avatar, but Rei's smile in episode 12 was just too cute not to use for a little while.

Maybe now people will be able to tell CrowLia and I apart! Laughing
Raftina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
rheiders has changed her avatar to another bishounen. You know what to do, CrowLia.

Changed mine to NanaxPopo.

WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I just recently finished Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari, so I changed my avatar to Senjougahara. Although since the new anime start next week, this one will not last long. I will probably change it to Kouko Kaga from Golden Time.
rosebrook11

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
Changed my avatar to an image of Akise Aru from Future Diary for the time being since I got the show from rightstuf last week. And since he's one of my two favorite characters in that show. (The other being Minene)

CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:16 am Reply with quote
rheiders wrote:
This will probably change again in about a week to an Eccentric Family avatar, but Rei's smile in episode 12 was just too cute not to use for a little while.

Maybe now people will be able to tell CrowLia and I apart! Laughing

Well damn, and here I was doing such a good job impersonating you Laughing But Rei in episode 12 truly deserves a homage. I'm so proud of him T^T

I've been thinking of changing to Eccentric Family too (Yajiro is so sweet and his human form is really handsome) but I don't know if I have the heart to switch from Rin. I want both of them and half a hundred other characters at the same time, damnit
rheiders

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:28 am Reply with quote
^Dammit! I was planning to switch to human!Yajiro after this. Stop copying me! SadSmileLaughing
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:47 am Reply with quote
Oh my, now I'm definitely doing it just for the shits. I just have to find a nice Yajiro pic, his human form doesn't have a lot of screen time (hopefully there'll be more of him in the last episode)
And if everything goes wrong I can always have the crying frog from episode 8. That [expletive] killed me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 449 of 512