• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gravity Interactive Launches Rose Online

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to 2 years ago, ANN. Sorry but this is old news. They originally launched this roughly 2 years ago,(or roughly a year or so ago. Can't remember how long ago, exactly). This went through several stages for the english market, one was IRose, then it became a regional Rose. (usRose, ERose, PRose, JRose, KRosE(though the former two existed awhile ago. Actually, JRose wasn't IP restricted till some issues between IRose and JRose happeneD) and a few more)
ChoboMog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I think the point behind this news item is that they have finished the beta of ROSE and launched it as a pay-to-play game. I don't know this as a fact, but I know that pay-to-play was suppossed to be starting soon, so that's probably the reason.

I played ROSE for a couple of months, and it was a fun game, but I also own a crappy computer, so it tended to lag when I was in areas with a lot of people. The massive number of shops in the Canyon City of Zant used to kill my computer. I got much better performance with Guild Wars, and I though that GW was a better game so I stuck with it instead. My overall impression of ROSE was that it was a good game, but I found that you had to spend way too much time killing monsters to level up, rather than getting most of your exp from quests. I also found that there weren't as many quests as I had hoped, although that might have changed in the months since I stopped playing. Also, I personally avoid games which charge a monthly fee, so I will not be playing ROSE, but I'm sure peple who do will have some fun with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ShatteredX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:22 pm Reply with quote
ChibiGoku wrote:
Welcome to 2 years ago, ANN. Sorry but this is old news. They originally launched this roughly 2 years ago

Ragnarok Online and ROSE are two different games. Ragnarok has been around since 2001 (alpha), but ROSE just went through beta this year.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:27 pm Reply with quote
ShatteredX wrote:
ChibiGoku wrote:
Welcome to 2 years ago, ANN. Sorry but this is old news. They originally launched this roughly 2 years ago

Ragnarok Online and ROSE are two different games. Ragnarok has been around since 2001 (alpha), but ROSE just went through beta this year.

Not quiet. I remember playing Rose earlier this year, and if I remember, it may of been online longer then that. (I think I started playing January - February 2005, probably later.) But who cares about the exact date though, this was kind of old news, in a sense though.
Izlude

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:51 pm Reply with quote
ROSE has been around for a year or two now, or in Korea at least. I honestly don't find it as appealing as Ragnarok, and I'm rather disappointed that Ragnarok 2 uses the same engine as ROSE, abandoning the 2D sprites for 3D graphics, along with most of the original jobclasses, and a more complicated equipment system.

Ragnarok Online on the other hand has had so much work done on it over the years, its become quite a big game on its own, lots of job classes, cities, dungeons, quests, and there's more coming with the homcunulus and mercenary system. Ragnarok just has too much in the making to pass up just yet for a new 3D MMORPG.

Maybe in a few years ROSE and Ragnarok 2 will have enough new content to compare to RO in its current state.
Lyrai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Gavity Interactive has announced the launch of their new MMORPG, Rose Online. Gravity Interactive's Ragnarok Online was (and remains) a hugely popular anime styled MMORPG.

"Gavity"?

And I'm pretty sure that ROSE Online has been Open Beta up until now.
Jadress

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:49 am Reply with quote
I wish I could play MMORPGs, but I own a Mac and can't afford games with monthly fees. Anime cry I love how on the websites for these online games, it's nearly impossible to find out how much the fee is. Bah!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Flipnofunk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote
play flyff it is exactly like rose but better. well to me i think. And its FREE!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1