• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:43 am Reply with quote
Just bought the full DVD set for the 1970s Captain Harlock TV anime from off E-Bay.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:28 am Reply with quote
Within the last 2-3 weeks...

New Blu-ray
-----------------
She, The Ultimate Weapon
First Love Monster

Used Blu-rays
-------------------
Future Diary (Anime Classics edition)
Real Girl (standard edition)
Jinsei: Life Counseling

Used 4K UHDs
---------------------
Full Metal Jacket
Final Fantasy Advent Children Complete
Grease

Print manga
-------------------
Love's in Sight 1
K-on! Shuffle 1
Ladies on Top 1-2
Kiniro Mosaic: Best Wishes
Please Go Home, Miss Akutsu 1

Digital manga (Google Books)
---------------------
Ayakashi Triangle 3
A Condition Called Love 2-12 (had bought Vol. 1 physical, switched to digital (and re-bought Vol. 1 digital for completeness) to save shelf space on a longer series & because the digital release is SO FAR AHEAD of the print release)
My Lovey-Dovey Wife is a Stone Cold Killer 4

Preordered a month ago & Arriving from CDJapan soon
------------------------------
BAND-MAID TOKYO GARDEN THEATER OKYUJI (Jan.09,2023) [Limited Edition]
Mori Calliope Major Debut Concert "New Underworld Order" [Regular Edition]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Bought Hour of the Zombie vols. 1 thru 9 for $8 CAD each second hand, in very good condition. I'd never even heard of this title before so it's a blind read. Seems like it is similar to Highschool of the Dead which I quite liked. Anybody out there read any of these volumes? I'd be interested in (non-spoiler) opinions.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:58 am Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered Season 2 of Devil is a Part-Timer via Amazon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Item to resell.
I was at Goodwill, I passed by a Tennis outfit. Light track jacket and sweat pants... Seigoku Tennis Club?.... Sure enough, cosplay outfit for Prince of Tennis.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 2:38 am Reply with quote
Had been wondering when RSA would have another Kodansha sale, and they didn't disappoint:

The Quintessential Quintuplets manga collection 1 (vols 1-7)
Sankarea manga vols 6-8
UQ Holder! manga vol. 28 (completing the series!)
-------
A Sister's All You Need Essentials BD
Eureka 7 Essentials BD

Also renewed my Got Anime membership once again -- maybe I'm just a long-term sucker at this point, but savings on the items in the above order have already gotten me halfway to making up the GA cost.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2023 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Well, Happy Mother's Day to... me! Blood-, OOP Bargain Hunter Extraordinaire, has struck again. Check it out:

(All items are second hand but in absolute pristine condition):

16 vols of NuTech Digital's Armored Trooper Votoms release plus Maiden Japan's Armored Trooper Votoms Blu-ray OVA Collection 1: $100 CAD.

Yes, I could have gotten the complete collection on blu-ray cheaper but as an OOP Hunter where's the. fun in that?

Future GPX Cyber Formula Complete Collection (Bandai) - $60 CAD.

Saint Seiya DVD vols 1 thru 8, as well as 10 & 11 (in other words, missing vols. 9 & 12). - $50 CAD.

And then a title I was not familiar with before:

Getter Robo: Armageddon Power Pack (ADV) - $20

New Getter Robo (4 Geneon volumes in gorgeous art box) - $20

The Power Pack wasn't a massive bargain, but New Getter Robo certainly is.

eta: just bought the two Saint Seiya dvd volumes I didn't have (vols 9 & 12) off of ebay. Those two with shipping and currency exchange cost me about $10 CAD more than I paid for the other 10 but I am a completist.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Just pre-ordered Season 2 of Shadows House and Parallel World Pharmacy via Rightstuf.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Voltran: Lion Force Parts 1 & 2 - $15 CAD

Immortal IGPX vol 1 (the one with art box and T-shirt - $15 CAD.

Both pre-owned, but both still in their unopened wrappers.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2023 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Just bought Midnight Occult Spirit Detectives via E-Bay.
wmderemer

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 12:32 am Reply with quote
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Funimation BD re-release; I have the original Bandai release somewhere, but wanted the re-release too to go along with the Essentials release of the TV series I own)

Dragons Forever (4K UHD/BD combo set; starring Jackie Chan & Sammo Hung)

In The Line of Duty I-IV (BD box set; starring Michelle Yeoh & Cynthia Rothrock)

To this day all these years later I STILL have never sat down & watched Disappearance (yeah I know, extremely late to that party after watching season 1 as Bandai released the singles (so I never saw it in broadcast order) and then 'binge-watching' season 2, 2-3 episodes at a time, back when the US DVD set was released, including watching all of Endless Eight), mainly because the 2 hour 40 minute run time has intimidated me knowing my attention span, so the movie kept getting shuffled to the back of the backlog... but I plan to remedy that now and finally watch it, likely next weekend as it is scheduled to arrive today/tomorrow from Amazon.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:58 am Reply with quote
I'm a fan of the Haruhi franchise so no surprise I really enjoyed Disappearance. I think you'll probably liked it too if you enjoyed the earlier seasons.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Just bought the Essentials set of Kenka Bancho Otome: Girl Beats Boys via E-Bay.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 10:22 am Reply with quote
My Anime North Haul:

First off, let me admit that I made a mistake so amateur that I have to hang my Bargain Hunting head in shame. Anime North has an event called Nominoichi which is basically just a big flea market where sellers offer their anime, manga and related merch. I bought a number of items there on Friday night including one that could get me kicked out of the Bargain Hunters Guild.

I paid $20 CAD for a used DVD copy of The Severing Crime Edge. *cringes*. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING??? I totally forgot that you can usually pick up titles like that dirt cheap directly from Sentai Filmworks site. Hell, the Blu-ray right now is being sold at a non-sale price of about $15 USD. I also paid $45 CAD for the From the New World DVD Complete Collection which isn't as egregious because at least that's OOP. I did better with some other items:

The Pioneer DVD releases of Sailor Moon S The Movie and Sailor Moon Super S The Movie for $10 CAD each. I had to buy City Hunter The Motion Picture, City Hunter: The Secret Service, City Hunter: Bay City Wars & Million Dollar Conspiracy and City Hunter: .357 Magnum as a set for $20 CAD. I actually already own the first three but I needed .357 Magnum and $20 is not a bad price for it alone. I'll sell the other three eventually. Right now, Bay City Wars & Million Dollar Conspiracy can command a decent price.

I got The Ancient Magus's Bride manga vols 1 thru 7 in really good shape plus Attack on Titan vols. 27 & 28 for $70 CAD total.

I think my favourite purchase was a $3 cloth bag with a picture of Hell Girl on the front and Perhaps it is time to die? printed on it.

$30 for a Totoro T-shirt.

Battle Angel Alita: Last Order 16, brand new for $8.

Stravaganza: The Queen in the Iron Mask 1, Summer Rendering 2 (Hard cover), Summer Rendering 3 (soft cover) and The Count of Monte Cristo all for $10.

Appleseed Alpha (hard cover) $5. So, all in all, except for the embarrassing The Severing Crime Edge mishap, not a bad haul.
wmderemer

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Amazon:

-- Gabriel Dropout volume 12 (and given that we're caught up with Japan for this title, it'll be QUITE a while until we see volume 13 Stateside. Volume 12 came out 4 days short of a full year after it came out in Japan (5/23/23 in the US vs. 5/27/22 in Japan), with volume 13 out in Japan 12/27/2022, so MAYBE Yen Press will get volume 13 out for Christmas...)

-- To Save the World, Can You Wake Up the Morning After with A Demi-Human? volume 2 (read volume 1 back when it first came out and put off continuing it for a while, then when I decided to, no physical Barnes & Noble stores near me ever had volume 2 in stock...I tend to like to buy my physical manga in stores/convention dealer's rooms rather than online even though I may lose out on the discount off cover price that way)

-- Wreckfest (Nintendo Switch)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Digital manga (Google Books):

-- Oshi no Ko volume 2

-- The Maid I Hired Recently Is Mysterious volume 5
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1390 of 1401