• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Japan Expo USA 2013 - Funimation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Funimation again mentioned that it license-rescued at least one show that was not dubbed. When will they address that?
Dfens

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:23 pm Reply with quote
What show did they license rescue and has no dub? If you have a specific question I might run into Sarah tomorrow at the Funimation booth and can ask her?

If their was no dub I would assume that they will make a whole new one for the show but will not re-dub a show if it already has one.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
What show did they license rescue and has no dub? If you have a specific question I might run into Sarah tomorrow at the Funimation booth and can ask her?

If their was no dub I would assume that they will make a whole new one for the show but will not re-dub a show if it already has one.

Tales of the Abyss, one of the My HiME shows, and one of the .hack shows.
sommer89

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote
If they resuce the gundam franchise in NA i would be verry happy as well as others. But i guess that would be a long shot.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:47 am Reply with quote
Actually, the older dubs of Dead Zone and World's Strongest were released to DVD by Pioneer.... just not the edited version (which is the same dub, but with adjustments made). However, the Tree of Might dub on this set only saw a VHS release before since it's a whole different dub than Pioneer's uncut version (it was also dubbed at Ocean, but was made for TV by Saban and FUNimation not for DVD by Pioneer).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1