• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Binbogami ga! English Dub Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote
wow, that's a lot of new people.
NGK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:30 pm Reply with quote
For those who've seen this subbed...

Is this [as] material?
I noticed most toonami shows in [as] are from Funimation anyways...
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
oh let the ham to ham combat dub version of this series going to be interesting with brina & clink as the leads aka ichiko & momiji in dub?!

yea wonder how much HAMMY this dub will be with those 2 as leads could this Funi's answer to panty & stocking dub?!

also among rest we got

new name doing keita - yea Funi is really want to experiment their new names voice rosters.

harms as ranmaru - only other anime i hear her was kosuda's sister in b gata h kei & jennifer in C control hmm wonder what range be like?

todd as momo - well this going quite the ha ha to hear on it.

seitz as bobby - well sure how this be sound voice to be on?

with wait seeing how goes in time for turkey season yea expect lots of big chomp on the dub.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
oh let the ham to ham combat dub version of this series going to be interesting with brina & clink as the leads aka ichiko & momiji in dub?!

yea wonder how much HAMMY this dub will be with those 2 as leads could this Funi's answer to panty & stocking dub?!

also among rest we got

new name doing keita - yea Funi is really want to experiment their new names voice rosters.

harms as ranmaru - only other anime i hear her was kosuda's sister in b gata h kei & jennifer in C control hmm wonder what range be like?

todd as momo - well this going quite the ha ha to hear on it.

seitz as bobby - well sure how this be sound voice to be on?

with wait seeing how goes in time for turkey season yea expect lots of big chomp on the dub.
Question What anyway this seems cool i like the cast so far
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:02 am Reply with quote
Here's the English trailer:

http://www.funimation.com/binbogami-ga/trailer/the-complete-series-blu-raydvd-combo-limited-edition/7884757

I dunno. Brina just doesn't sound right for the role if you ask me. Neutral
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:04 am Reply with quote
Brina Palencia is bacK? I thought she'd gotten bitten by the "I need to be a 'real' actress" bug and had put anime on the backburner for her live action web series or whatever. I'd actually been enjoying hearing Emily Neves playing her roles as, well, she's better at them.

Wasn't this show originally slated for 11/12?
Quote:

I'm thinking that "ham to ham" is a wordplay but I'm not sure lol. Anyhow, is Clinkenbeard really the lead in this? Is her character more demure than gruff (cause I think those are the only times that "Clink" should be a lead as she's outclassed when it comes to gruff by a whole host of actresses @ Funi).
Quote:

Whaddya mean this could be their answer to the P&S dub? I thought Funi did do the the P&S dub. I'm hoping that this show and dub are more appealing to me than that show was (P&S...bleh).

Lately I've been enjoying Funi's comedy dubs so if that holds true with the next batch of them (Sankarea & We Without Wings) then I might give this one a try.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:

Anyhow, is Clinkenbeard really the lead in this? Is her character more demure than gruff (cause I think those are the only times that "Clink" should be a lead as she's outclassed when it comes to gruff by a whole host of actresses @ Funi).

her character covers a pretty wide range
hojo 360

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:55 am Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Here's the English trailer:

http://www.funimation.com/binbogami-ga/trailer/the-complete-series-blu-raydvd-combo-limited-edition/7884757

I dunno. Brina just doesn't sound right for the role if you ask me. Neutral
Idk she sounds ok
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:59 am Reply with quote
I did not know they were actually releasing a physical set of this, day one purchase, great show.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:14 am Reply with quote
I think the trailer sounded pretty good.

Though I'm wondering why they translated the title to "good luck girl". Binbogami ga! translates to This God of Poverty!, it's one of those cases were they should have just left the title in Japanese since it's meant as a pun / catch phrase.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:22 am Reply with quote
The dub sounds pretty solid (I was just praying it wouldn't sound like Haganai) so I'll have confidence in the rest of the cast. I can't wait to get this!
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:58 am Reply with quote
After the bad miscasting of Brina as Yuno who, this I can actually back. Her voice can pull off haughty, as proven by her Holo. She just wasn't suited for the former yandere role. I only hope the other cast members can pull their support.

(God, thinking of the Death Note parody...)
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
Patrick Seitz as Bobby? I got to hear that.

As for the two leads, I'm split; Ichigo was one of my favorite Hanazawa roles while I thought Momiji was just a little better than ok. In the dub, I don't believe Palencia has the range to go full throttle anger {or is it pissed off irritation? Either way, it needs to be teeth clenching venom she spits} while on the other hand, I already love Clinkenbeard's Momiji; Low voice, bored tones, always ready to be mocking.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Brina Palencia is bacK? I thought she'd gotten bitten by the "I need to be a 'real' actress" bug and had put anime on the backburner for her live action web series or whatever. I'd actually been enjoying hearing Emily Neves playing her roles as, well, she's better at them.

Wasn't this show originally slated for 11/12?
Quote:

I'm thinking that "ham to ham" is a wordplay but I'm not sure lol. Anyhow, is Clinkenbeard really the lead in this? Is her character more demure than gruff (cause I think those are the only times that "Clink" should be a lead as she's outclassed when it comes to gruff by a whole host of actresses @ Funi).
Quote:

Whaddya mean this could be their answer to the P&S dub? I thought Funi did do the the P&S dub. I'm hoping that this show and dub are more appealing to me than that show was (P&S...bleh).

Lately I've been enjoying Funi's comedy dubs so if that holds true with the next batch of them (Sankarea & We Without Wings) then I might give this one a try.

well have read tv tropes give whole ham to ham combat saying came with other sets of Chewing the Scenery?!

give this i'm assume this series is likely seem to this year answer ot last year funi's dub of panty & stocking.

also history mix of brina & clink in same series well yea this really could be big HAMMY dub to chomp it all to watch give wait to see eps dub to check it.
Kohii

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:11 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
I think the trailer sounded pretty good.

Though I'm wondering why they translated the title to "good luck girl". Binbogami ga! translates to This God of Poverty!, it's one of those cases were they should have just left the title in Japanese since it's meant as a pun / catch phrase.

I'm pretty confident it is a Lionel-Hutz-ish grammar pun. It's not "Good luck Girl", it's actually "Good Luck, girl".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2