• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Level 5 to Help Create Gundam AGE Anime This Fall

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:18 am Reply with quote
So the new Gundam project, which was supposed to be announced this Monday has already been leaked? Or is Japan really that far ahead of us? I thought it was 15 hours, not 120...

Anyway, this is awesome! I hope this gets a legal U.S. stream. I would say "and a dub run on Syfy" but we all know that's not going to happen, and I doubt [as] or Disney X D is buying.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:31 am Reply with quote
If it's Level 5, then you know they mean business. Although it's been a while since I last seen Level 5's last work, given their past, it's guaranteed to not only be well made, thought provoking, ultra high quality and exceptionally enjoyable.

The animation is likely to also be very awesome as well and will likely be very colorful, yet very neat to look at.

I may not be into Gundam, but those who are will probably really enjoy this anime.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:40 am Reply with quote
I saw scans on the Gundams and art... Well, the art style looks like it's intended for kids. The idea of cards as well. Meh, I'm not so interested in this Gundam series nor am I as hyped for one. I'll hold onto my disappointment until it actually starts airing.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:43 am Reply with quote
Welp. What's the likely turnover until the next series announcement? Two years?
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:43 am Reply with quote
The designs make me think this is going to aim younger and the anime Level 5 has actually been involved in certainly bolsters that first impression as opposed to Teriyaki Terrier's, which I'd certainly like to be true. Obviously it's hard to get a good read on things at the moment though.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:50 am Reply with quote
That's some fairly impressive chances their taking. I am especially interested in the idea of a 100 year war told over a period of three generations. Reminds me of Phantasy Star III where the next generations characters would change depending on who you married.

Last edited by Charred Knight on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 am Reply with quote
GWOtaku wrote:
The designs make me think this is going to aim younger and the anime Level 5 has actually been involved in certainly bolsters that first impression as opposed to Teriyaki Terrier's, which I'd certainly like to be true. Obviously it's hard to get a good read on things at the moment though.

Over the years, I've played several Level 5 games. Dark Cloud I, II, Rouge Galaxy, Dragon Quest 8, etc. Each game I played I really enjoyed and was impressed by most of them.

Including Rouge Galaxy. The scene shots absolutely exceptionally well made, the overall graphics were also well done as well. In addition, the way Level 5 designed the dungeons was not only original, but also made you think as well. Designing dungeons just by itself is not easy, but designing unique and thought provoking dungeons is even harder.

I don't say this about every game company, but Level 5 is one of the very, very few one's I actually do praise this much.

But I've only had the chance to play their games and not really been able to watch their anime. But knowing Level 5, they probably will do a great job no matter what.
Splash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:21 am Reply with quote
Level-5 hurrrrrrr <3 ~
I wonder if Sunrise will be fully animating this one, seeing as Level-5 has been sticking with OLM with pretty much all of their anime. My guess is a collab? owo;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:31 am Reply with quote
Could be interesting, but I 99% doubt it will be.

And the design looks awful.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:20 am Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
I saw scans on the Gundams and art... Well, the art style looks like it's intended for kids. The idea of cards as well. Meh, I'm not so interested in this Gundam series nor am I as hyped for one. I'll hold onto my disappointment until it actually starts airing.

Wait, we're mixing Gundam and CARD BATTLE here!? Not sure that I like the sound of that...
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:48 am Reply with quote
he only words that can describe my thought on it is this "unleash the casey".

yea indeed now so going to why they did this characters great it kids show, design so no no no, why can't you go back to GS era roots,etc.

really should gone with female lead gundam pilot or return to GS era or gundam crossover to answer to DECADE & gokaiger but this oh GS era come back & SAVE us.
broken-serenity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:54 am Reply with quote
From the designs I've seen of the mobile suits so far they look like somebody just cobbled them together from 00 and seed kits instead of actually bothering to design something new.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:08 am Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:

Wait, we're mixing Gundam and CARD BATTLE here!? Not sure that I like the sound of that...

No, other parts of the project include manga, models, and cards. Nothing that recent Gundam series haven't done.
citizenplain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:10 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Reminds me of Phantasy Star III where the next generations characters would change depending on who you married.

I thought of that too, for some reason. Phantasy Star III is one of my favorites from the old days. (Guess we're dating ourselves, eh Charred Knight?)

Aside from Unicorn, this is the first Gundam concept that I find interesting in quite a while. I'll give it a go.
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:25 am Reply with quote
I do like the idea of a generational story, and having it be a "Hundred-Years War" in which you actually see the beginning, middle, and end of it has a lot of potential. I am starting to get interested.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3