• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigun Film's U.S. Theaters Partially Listed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vapors

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Bummers. Not good timing. LA showing after AX and two weeks in SD before SDCC. I hope I'm not working the weekend it comes to San Jose.
Gwydion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Just wanted to point out that there's a mistake on the list. For the one dated "2011/8/25", it says the city is "Cleveland", but the address is for a theater in Cuyahoga Falls. Looking it up real quick, it seems both Cleveland and CF have a theater called "Plaza Cinemas at Chapel Hill", likely causing the mix up.

Admittedly I was shocked to see my local theater's address listed, but noticing the inconsistency, I figure it's probably the address that's wrong (sadly). Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that somehow my unassuming little city managed to get a screening.
ShaolinWolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:54 pm Reply with quote
The theater listed as "D.C" is actually in Alexandria, VA.
immortalrite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I'm surprised there is actually a showing in Eugene. Too bad it's sub-only.
SpeedyDee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Gwydion wrote:

Admittedly I was shocked to see my local theater's address listed, but noticing the inconsistency, I figure it's probably the address that's wrong (sadly). Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that somehow my unassuming little city managed to get a screening.

Well I demanded it along with convincing a small group of friends to bring it to Cleveland
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Who's dumb idea at FUNi was it to order the list by date instead of state? Nobody says "I have 7/20 off, I wonder if it'll be in my state then", they check their state and see what days are available.

Yeah, I'm just a little bitter that these never show around me and need something to complain about.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that it's odd that it'll only be in the theater for a handful of days.

Really...New People...in Japantown? Yeah, that location is a total pain to get t - parking in the city is a nightmare (and expensive) and no public transportation goes anywhere near the place. Let's not put it in a more successful and possibly easier to reach location, right Funi?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:02 am Reply with quote
I'll trade your expensive parking and hard to get to location for my having to drive 5 hours to get to the closest theatre.

Deal?
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:15 am Reply with quote
They should've have put it somewhere more accessible like Orange County.
Songdragosa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote
Huh. I'd have thought the one in Louisiana would be in Baton Rouge, the college down, instead of New Orleans. They're both pretty much the same distance from where I live, but I'm not so comfortable getting around in NO thank I am in BR.

Wonder if I can get a friend to come with me and be my wingman.
JGlibra03

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:46 am Reply with quote
I was wondering so are the two Cinemas in Cleveland showing the Dubbed Version or the Subbed Version because if they are showing the Dubbed Version than I was thinking about going to see the movie it will be about a 2 hour Drive from where I live in Columbus,OH but I will be glad to see it because it will be in Ohio. Wink
Racheldoublemm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:08 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that it's odd that it'll only be in the theater for a handful of days.

Really...New People...in Japantown? Yeah, that location is a total pain to get t - parking in the city is a nightmare (and expensive) and no public transportation goes anywhere near the place. Let's not put it in a more successful and possibly easier to reach location, right Funi?

The 38 lines and the 22 goes right by it... >.>

I'm with you on that. The location seems a bit weird and...well, the New People is a bit out of the way but it will attract a lot more people.
I liked the Landmark location for the exact reason Funi doesn't; a lot less people.

Personally, I just wished the dub was being shown but...oh well.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:01 am Reply with quote
I don't get it. FUNi, why can't you just do like Fathom and show the dub some nights and the sub others in every theater that has more than one showing? Different strokes for different folks and all that. Would it really be THAT hard, considering you've obviously got the rights to both?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Who's dumb idea at FUNi was it to order the list by date instead of state? Nobody says "I have 7/20 off, I wonder if it'll be in my state then", they check their state and see what days are available.

Just do a text search on your browser. Smile
PBsallad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 am Reply with quote
3 in The Valley of the Sun? Crazy. Looks like all 3 are showing it subtitled though... I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to any of those locations anyway. The one in Scottsdale is certainly closer then there usual Tempe one. But from what I've seen of the map for bus system it's going to be difficult to get to it. But the one in Tempe is right near a transit center. Oy... maybe I'll save myself the hassle and not go to this movie like the Eva ones. Or ask some one to take me. =/

*sigh*

And the one Surprise is out of the question.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2