• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kuroko's Basketball DVDs, Manga Removed From Tsutaya Rental Chain

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsatan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:03 am Reply with quote
Capitulating to this nut/terrorist over and over is the wrong thing to do. The demands will not stop and the threat will escalate.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote
...and that is how the terrorists win. Tsutaya not carrying your product is a MAJOR blow to your franchise.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:06 am Reply with quote
Wow, this is major... Tsutaya is the biggest rental chain in Japan. This could seriously hurt the series.
Lupica

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:11 am Reply with quote
I hope people following this story in the US will stop assuming it is all a deliberate publicity stunt now. This is beyond ridiculous Sad
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote
seriously, why the heck are all these terrorist threats happening around THIS series? This is just weird at how many times this has happened.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
seriously, why the heck are all these terrorist threats happening around THIS series? This is just weird at how many times this has happened.

It's been explained in nearly every single talkback thread.
kikuzinho

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:39 am Reply with quote
lol xD

someone hates sports manga/anime way more than I do ahah
Kamui The Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote
This really has gone way too far. I mean, it's just going to show that this crazy bastard getting his way.

It was one thing when it was doujinshi events, but now there are going to stop selling the manga and anime? He clearly has a very serious metal illness.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote
Sigh why did they cave and now that nut job won can some call a rouge cop all ready
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote
I feel really bad for the Kuroko fans that have to suffer because of all this. Things just keep on escalating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:24 am Reply with quote
I seriously feel like crying. Kurobasu is one of my favorite manga ever. Doujinshi, merchandise etc. is one thing. Now the manga and the anime are being targeted?

How long is Shueisha going to turn to turn a blind eye to this? The creep(s) are now targeting the manga and Kurobasu is one of JUMP's current best selling manga. Does JUMP not care?

And the DVD...is this going to hurt season 2's sales? I'm so angry at Shueisha for not saying or doing anything. If Animate follows Tsutaya and removes all Kurobasu stuff I can say good bye to season 3.

Please, Shueisha, I'm begging you, do something, ANYTHING, PLEASE! Don't you care about your customers at all?
Key

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:

As someone who hasn't been following the other Talkback threads on this matter, can you or someone else summarize what has been said about this matter?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:44 am Reply with quote
Geh, this is so ridiculous. I just wish someone would go ahead and license the manga and anime already in the US. I want to support it legally (not just through streaming) and am about ready to start importing it straight from Japan. (Actually, I'm probably going to start with the new season of Kuroko so I can get those first press releases).
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote
Why is nobody there taking this seriously and doing something about it? Their answer is to cancel something? This is NOT solving the problem. God, such incompetence.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:

As someone who hasn't been following the other Talkback threads on this matter, can you or someone else summarize what has been said about this matter?

The guy doing all this has some personal grudge against the mangaka of Kurobas. Though whether or not the stuff going on now is by copycats or the original is unknown.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3