• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Personal 2013 Anime Awards.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:45 am Reply with quote
Okay, I just spent like 3 hours writing down the best of 2013 following the set rules, and being refreshed over what happened over the year I present the personal awards. It does not have to be for something positive, it does not even have to be serious, just make a category and give your opinion.

Best Censor:
Mysterious Beams of Light - Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation
In most cases we know such beams as something that exists just to block the audience from seeing the goods, the difference here is spoiler[that the beams of light apparently exist and like to cover naughty bits on R-18 island. Some of the main girls than use it as a chance to just strip off and have some fun, that is until it was revealed they had their clothes and were trying to trick the others.]

Least Huggable Teddy Bear:
Monobear - Danganronpa The Animation
It might have been because it was some sort of a horrifying robot, or that it had huge psychotic tendencies, or even a self destruct device. But I feel almost no urge cuddle him.

Best Poker Face Who is Not an Android
Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi - Henneko
She can scream from embarrassment or excited about a small child, and still sound totally indifferent.

Most Likely to Make Love to Water
Haruka Nanase - Free!
He might do it with his waifu Makoto, but he would be thinking of water.
rheiders

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Thought about adding this to the "Best of 2013" one, but it probably fits better here.

Best Harem Lead who is Neither a Useless Wimp nor a Sex Offender: Akatsuki Kojou, Strike the Blood
After reading through the thoroughly exhausting recent Shelf Life Talkback thread arguing about Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, I went to catch up on this show and realized that Kojou is probably exactly the type of “refreshing” harem lead those guys were talking about. He can handle his own in a fight, doesn't have an irrational fear of women, and holds up his end of the banter with primary love interest Yukina Himeragi (I actually think their relationship is really cute too :3); but he’s plenty kind, considerate, and respectful of his various love interests as well.

Also:
Most Romantic Use of Cherry Blossom Petals: Free!

I feel this is self-explanatory.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1