• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Special Cardcaptor Sakura Artbooks at Comiket 85

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote
One of those times when I really, really wishes I still had the budget to import stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
WANT! Ugh they look so nice.
Macron One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Shocked I gotta get me those books. The Comiket exclusive thing will be a major pain though, as this means that i'll probably be forced to get them from Yahoo Japan at a considerably higher price (and through a deputy service, which would add a substantial fee on top of that). Definitely still something i don't want to miss out on, provided the YJ resale prices don't get too crazy.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I always suspected that Asaka held on to a lot of the his artwork. Always found it odd that certain scenes, and in Kobato's case, an entire episode, there was no artwork available. Of the two animators that Madhouse sent to AX in 2012, I thought he was more talented than the Chihayafuru character designer, Hamada. Asaka's charity auction sketch was much nicer than Hamada's sketch.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Now that would be something to get maybe some one will bring it to the US
DKL

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
I always suspected that Asaka held on to a lot of the his artwork. Always found it odd that certain scenes, and in Kobato's case, an entire episode, there was no artwork available. Of the two animators that Madhouse sent to AX in 2012, I thought he was more talented than the Chihayafuru character designer, Hamada. Asaka's charity auction sketch was much nicer than Hamada's sketch.

Yo that sketch is godlike:

http://cutiebunny.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_info.asp?ItemID=358713

Anyway, kinda want this... but I'm too lazy to figure out how to get it.
Actar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
This is brilliant! I'm getting the chance to actually go to Comiket this year, and as a CCS fan, I can't wait to get my hands on these!

That merchandise guide would be of immense help as well, but perhaps information on where exactly they'll be selling the various merchandise would be great as well. (^.^)

Last edited by Actar on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
victor viper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:58 pm Reply with quote
It's good to see anything CCS-related finding its way to market. There's these artbooks, and there are a couple Sakura figures on the horizon. Here's hoping the series continues this resurgence.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:28 am Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
This is brilliant! I'm getting the chance to actually go to Comiket this year, and as a CCS fan, I can't wait to get my hands on these!

That merchandise guide would be of immense help as well, but perhaps information on where exactly they'll be selling the various merchandise would be great as well. (Anime smallmouth)

The guide is broken down by series and again by booth (with number) so you should have no trouble finding where to get what Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:18 am Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
The guide is broken down by series and again by booth (with number) so you should have no trouble finding where to get what Smile

Personal advice...
GET. THERE. EARLY.
Or you might as well not go there at all.
This is Comiket we're talking about. There is a lot to plan and prepare for, and chances are, you're planning alongside a whole lot of people. More people than you've probably ever seen fit in one small area before. I don't know anyone who was able to truly get everything they went for on their planner, so... if it's important to you, make it a first-stop and make sure to plan to go in a round-the-clock manner around the convention area. Priorities...

Meanwhile, I'll just be sitting here in my room, or going to work, crying over the fact that I spent all my free-time money on Madoka merchandise and now have to pay for student loans, so I can't even dare purchase anything like that, in person or online. Anime hyper
...speaking of well-planned priorities... I apparently have none. =P
reanimator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I don't think you have to be at Comiket or go through (painful) Yahoo auction later on to get those art books. Anime Style is still selling Utena art books from their website minus Comiket exclusive stuffs, so I don't see the reason for rush.

Cutiebunny wrote:

Everyone has different talent and I don't think one talent is superior than other. To be clear, Asaka was never an animator.
As storyboarder, Asaka is better at conceptualizing ideas into readable image while Hamada is really strong with draftsmanship as character designer/animator.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:56 am Reply with quote
reanimator wrote:
I don't think you have to be at Comiket or go through (painful) Yahoo auction later on to get those art books. Anime Style is still selling Utena art books from their website minus Comiket exclusive stuffs, so I don't see the reason for rush.

The Comiket merchandise guide article says "only available at Comiket as part of Anime Style's ANIMESTYLE Archive line of books. After that, they're gone!"

I'm wondering if I have enough from Christmas overtime to cover it.. but that requires getting scalped by both Yahoo sellers and SMJ, assuming there are enough available and I don't get outbid etc...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1