• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Noragami + Aragoto (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Hiyori was hanging out too much with the gods.
They (Yato) spoiled her from having a normal life.
She missed them too much.
Yato & Ebisu in trouble..
Interesting episode.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Ep 10:
Sheesh. These cliffhangers are brutal!
I don't want Yato to turn into Izanami's play thing! :C

Still unsure why Ebisu needs to control the Phantoms to minimize harm towards humans. Noble is one thing, but even for a popular god the blight is too much. My wild guess: Yato/Hiiro's "father" wants to exploit Ebisu and have the brush to himself for an army of Phantoms.

I know Hiyori should move on from talking with Yato and the other gods since its unnatural for the living to get too lose with the Far Shore. Still, if she can maintain a healthy balance then, surely things will work out. That brief moment where Yukine's talking but, neither Hiyori or the audience can actually see him, freaked me out.

Perhaps the random high school boy is just a random guy who had a crush on Hiyori and hormones made her forget. BTW, randomly kissing an upset girl might have been cool in ye old days but, Hiyori clearly didn't reciprocate his feelings.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Lol, after looking up Fukurokuju, I now get the joke of his stovepipe hat. Laughing

Haven't been able to track down the connection of Okuninushi to the spider form though.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:00 pm Reply with quote
*cries*

I JUST WANT YATO AND HIYORI TO SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Thank goodness Yukine came on time...or Hiyori would of been in some real trouble.

Pretty good episode. I hate the fact that Kugaha is back yet causing trouble AGAIN. Seriously, he is one of my least favorite characters in this series/story now. Good to see Bishamon with battle armor. I still find the relationship between Nora and Yato to be pretty odd. I think they have some connection but very different as in the present compared to the past.

The unlikely alliance with Bishamon and Kofuku is also unusual..but I like the momentum of the episode. Poor Ebisu Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
A Mystery

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

Agreed on the Kugaha part, Stark. The power is still getting to his head... but then again, some people really are that way. Not everyone can be threedimensional in character, I guess. He probably developed some kind of personality disorder then Wink.
His voice actor probably had a blast with all the evil laughter.

Other than that, good episode. Gave us some hints but even more questions as to who Hiiro is as a person. Before this, she was just an object for the audience to hate. And Yato was so cute with his newfound strength.

Also, Hiyori sure kept her body with her for a long time, this ep.

It's good that the last arc flows into this one with Bishamon spoiler[showing that she really learned valuable lessons and saving Yato right now.] I'm curious as to what Hiiro and Yato's relationship really is. It does seem more like a partners in crime situation. But... no matter how stoic Hiiro might seem, being a Nora also means she's probably not 'special' to anyone. That must hurt.

And Father, will we ever see him?

... or is it spoiler[Izanagi?] Man, I am so slow noticing these kinds of things.

The next preview comment about the bath temperature made me chuckle.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I hate the fact that Kugaha is back yet causing trouble AGAIN. Seriously, he is one of my least favorite characters in this series/story now.

YES. I AM SO DONE WITH HIS STUPID FACE AND LAUGH.

He was really pissing me off and being so annoying that when Yukine FINALLY smashed him, I loled gleefully.

But how cool was everybody else? I can't even dislike Nora (Hiiro) anymore....she's ok now.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
But how cool was everybody else? I can't even dislike Nora (Hiiro) anymore....she's ok now.

So Hiiro and Yato were childhood friends? I thought she was a human once and he was always a god. How does that work?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:54 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

So Hiiro and Yato were childhood friends? I thought she was a human once and he was always a god. How does that work?

I haven't read the manga so I'm dying to find out too. But I absolutely want to see the anime cover it first.

I wonder if perhaps.....spoiler[something happened to her and Yato blames himself for her death so that's why he uses her maybe?]

But I honestly have no idea.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:17 am Reply with quote
Unfortunate spoiler[encounter in the forest].
spoiler[Kuga spitting out vile & trying to mess up Yukine.
Ebisu managed to come out, but Yato still in trouble.
Bishamon going in to save Yato?]
Never thougt I'd see that day!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:11 am Reply with quote
A few weeks back I put forward my theory that Nora's (Hiiro) relationship to Yato is not that different to Yato's relationship to Hiyori, and after this episode I am inclined to believe that even more. There is some more depth there.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
A few weeks back I put forward my theory that Nora's (Hiiro) relationship to Yato is not that different to Yato's relationship to Hiyori, and after this episode I am inclined to believe that even more. There is some more depth there.

But a huge, most important difference is that Yato and Hiyori make each other happy.

Whenever Hiiro shows up, Yato doesn't look so thrilled to see her.....
There's still something really disturbing about her.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

But a huge, most important difference is that Yato and Hiyori make each other happy.

Whenever Hiiro shows up, Yato doesn't look so thrilled to see her.....
There's still something really disturbing about her.

And when Yato often shows up he is doing something that pisses her off. Trying to get her to make the Yato club, sneaking into her house, going into the ladies room, and other. Yato is even a clear negative influence in it is what causes her to separate from her body.

What is the actual difference? Is it that Yato cannot actually say no to her? That there is more to Hiiro being really messed up that Yato feels guilty about? By the looks of the ages we saw Yato and Hiiro/Nora, could we even make a guess that perhaps Yato is the reason she is a Nora. Maybe it could be the problem the Hiiro/Yato relationship is built on guilt, while the Yato/Hiyori relationship has more founding in friendship, and hey Yato owes Hiyori to help her. But one could see that how things are now might be fragile.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:53 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm pretty certain Yato isn't what he appears to be. Even Ebisu isn't sure what the deal is with Yato. A minor god, without a shrine to his name, surviving for centuries? Yato putting up a serious fight against Veena? Yato slowing down Izanami? I get the feeling that these are things he *shouldn't* be able to do. I wonder if the mystery around him will be lifted a bit once we learn more about his "Father". Ebisu also commented that Yato would make a great god due to how much he cares for other people -- I'm guessing most gods are more... distant to the needs and cares of regular people.

As for this episode. I've always felt sorry for Izanami. Her husband rejected her. No one even wants to talk to her. She's powerful, but alone... always alone. She just needs a big hug!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:56 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

And when Yato often shows up he is doing something that pisses her off. Trying to get her to make the Yato club, sneaking into her house, going into the ladies room, and other.

Oh come on, that's hardly the same thing. Those moments are meant to be played for laughs....and they are pretty funny.

Hiyori is clearly head-over-heels for him as he clearly is for her and there are much more positive feelings over the negative ones between them.

You can't make that argument with a serious face. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 26 of 28