• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Jormungand Perfect Order BD+DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
and people say that the ending for blood C was bad.

At least the stuff leading up to the end of Jormungand was pretty enjoyable. I can't say that much for Blood-C.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

At least the stuff leading up to the end of Jormungand was pretty enjoyable. I can't say that much for Blood-C.

I liked Jormungand, and don't really have any thing bad to say about the finale. Insane or mad villains don't always follow a logical course, and plans brought to fruition, sometimes don't bear the fruit that was expected. I too, would love to be a lackey for Koko.

Just happened to finish Blood C last week. Wasn't too disappointed with the ending. They kinda set it up during the series run. Magic or some sort of spiritual power seems to be the 'in' thing for this show, which is different from Blood +. Hope there will be a second season. Saya needs some revenge and lots more blood to be 'a' spraying.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Greed1914 wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

I liked Jormungand, and don't really have any thing bad to say about the finale. Insane or mad villains don't always follow a logical course, and plans brought to fruition, sometimes don't bear the fruit that was expected. I too, would love to be a lackey for Koko.

Just happened to finish Blood C last week. Wasn't too disappointed with the ending. They kinda set it up during the series run. Magic or some sort of spiritual power seems to be the 'in' thing for this show, which is different from Blood +. Hope there will be a second season. Saya needs some revenge and lots more blood to be 'a' spraying.

There's no second season, but there is a sequel movie called Blood C: The Last Dark. Sadly, the movie is really horrible, and I actually really like the series, so keep that in mind. There's very little action, but there's more boring dialogue with characters you won't care about, so I guess it's like the first part of the series in that way, only without the payoff.
Yu Ominae

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:45 am Reply with quote
IIRC, the ending you guy saws was the intention of the mangaka to make a decision on whether Koko's plan can work or not.

Don't remember if the mangaka mentioned it in his blog.
ThisJustThis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
I never understand why people have such problems with suspension of disbelief. I don't think there's a need to fixate on the specific technical/scientific details and their implications that are otherwise irrelevant to the story. spoiler[The point isn't that they made a quantum computer, and it doesn't matter that they could've used it in other ways (like taking over banking systems and world finance). The point is that she's trying to end war, or at least hold it hostage. It could've been a nuke or a superweapon, as has been the case in other stories, but I guess the fact that she's not using a conventional "weapon" makes it more interesting with her.]

I thought the ending was solid, in the sense that the characters were consistent and they didn't just pull it out of nowhere. All of the events of the second season were building up to that point. You rarely get that level of plot continuity across arcs.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
Having seen Black Lagoon, the comparisons between Jormungand's mannish & semi-moe female lead and that show's Balalaika were inevitable and put a damper on this show IMO from the first ep. Black Lagoon gave us a competent female mob boss with acumen and an air of authority. Her subordinates would lay down their lives for her out of respect. Jormungand gave us a spaz who was fairly incompetent-it was inconceivable from what we saw that she held her outfit together-and whose subordinates were little more than a reverse harem (which was also inconceivable).

One of the aspects that I like about anime is the overarching story. Many series have them, though many are terribad when all is said and done. Jormungand was not an exception in this regard Sad

BTW, while ADV had some less-than-stellar dubs it's B-list dubs slap many a Sentai dub silly. I'm keeping hope alive for Sentai though lol.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:07 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Having seen Black Lagoon, the comparisons between Jormungand's mannish & semi-moe female lead and that show's Balalaika were inevitable and put a damper on this show IMO from the first ep. Black Lagoon gave us a competent female mob boss with acumen and an air of authority. Her subordinates would lay down their lives for her out of respect. Jormungand gave us a spaz who was fairly incompetent-it was inconceivable from what we saw that she held her outfit together-and whose subordinates were little more than a reverse harem (which was also inconceivable).

One of the aspects that I like about anime is the overarching story. Many series have them, though many are terribad when all is said and done. Jormungand was not an exception in this regard Sad

BTW, while ADV had some less-than-stellar dubs it's B-list dubs slap many a Sentai dub silly. I'm keeping hope alive for Sentai though lol.

Both characters mentioned are mad, though in their own unique way. Jormungand is no more a reverse harem, than Ghost in the Shell is.

Balalaika's group is the remanants of a former military organization, so it makes sense that they have an organized command structure; while Koko's group, is a bunch of mercenaries she has gathered over the years.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

well i liked Blood -C's ending. it wasnt perfect, but it was passable in my view. the same with Eureka 7 AO

But this ending ruined a preety solid series. Unless people want to be disapointed, its an auto skip it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2