• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Final Fantasy VII Concert To Be Held in Japan This June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OncelostLu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Distant Worlds performed FF7 scores as well right? Is the only difference between the two events essentially the focus of one FF?

7 was my favorite, but there were a lot of good songs present in other FF games. I think I'd almost rather go to Distant Worlds than this.
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Well feel privileged you have the choice, I'd have to pay a fairly pricey trip to see either. lol

This is on my bucket-list of concerts Anime hyper
Panoptican

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
OncelostLu wrote:
Distant Worlds performed FF7 scores as well right? Is the only difference between the two events essentially the focus of one FF?

7 was my favorite, but there were a lot of good songs present in other FF games. I think I'd almost rather go to Distant Worlds than this.

I actually just went to see Distant Worlds last weekend. They played songs from most of the mainline games.
DJStarstryker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:40 am Reply with quote
Yeah, they've been sold out now for a few weeks. I actually managed to get super lucky. Last week someone canceled on their tickets to this and I snapped them up. I can't wait!

I went to Distant Worlds 5 or 6 years ago at a DC show. It was pretty good... but I have still yet to hear a good live version of One Winged Angel. Distant Worlds *and* Video Games Live fell down for me in that regard. The problem is really they haven't had big enough choirs to give the power behind it that the song really needs. Looking forward to seeing it done in Japan.

Either way, I hope this is good. I *do* go to a lot of concerts, but they're not normally this expensive. Over $200 for 2 people is wallet pain. Crying or Very sad
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
DJStarstryker wrote:
Yeah, they've been sold out now for a few weeks. I actually managed to get super lucky. Last week someone canceled on their tickets to this and I snapped them up. I can't wait!
Either way, I hope this is good. I *do* go to a lot of concerts, but they're not normally this expensive. Over $200 for 2 people is wallet pain. Crying or Very sad

I managed to get to Final Fantasy Distant Worlds in Adelaide (with a decent choir, here is a fan capture of One-winged Angel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nc9_q2WwiI

I'd also paid extra for the meet and greet with Nobuo Uematsu and Arnie Roth).

I hope that it turns out great for you... I had tried to get to a classical concert in Suntory Hall back in August 2012 but fell ill and missed it and 2 other concerts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1