• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club Anime's 2nd Season Ad Aired

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Ned Stark: Winter is coming. *Insert Game of Thrones theme here*

Haruka Nanase: Summer is coming. *Insert the Free ending here*
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
can't wait to see more Free~~~~~~
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:37 pm Reply with quote
I can't help but feel this is going to continue a downward spiral that KyoAni has found themselves in. Yes, I know that diehard fans are going to jump in and yell and tell me my personal opinion is wrong, but... I don't know. Tamako Market was flat and dull, K-On just got bad, Beyond the Boundary had promise then squashed it, Nichijou was downright awful in my opinion, and if you stripped away the much-hyped fan service in Free!, well, you were left with a male version of moe "let's make a club" shenanigans crossed with a conventional sports anime. They used to be a personal favorite of mine, truly, but their latest stuff just... isn't for me, I guess.

I did like the first season of Chu2, though... before the second season came and spat in my face, metaphorically speaking.
iatheia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one who is terrified because of KyoAni's promises of "eternal summer"? *here is to hoping that it doesn't turn into another endless eight*
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:23 pm Reply with quote
I've got my fingers crossed for another better-than-I-expected season with plenty of funny, campy fanservice moments and heart-pounding swim meets!
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited. The first season was surprisingly good, so I'm definitely up for more!

It seems like KyoAni has been making quite a few good series lately! Although the second season of Chunibyo was a bit disappointing, the others have all been top notch!

So I expect good things from this one.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:02 am Reply with quote
Oh all the feels that pile up in my heart when I see hat trailer. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I wish Summer started tomorrow!
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
Don't really have any interest in this series but it does seem like the perfect summer anime.
king 47

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:51 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
I can't help but feel this is going to continue a downward spiral that KyoAni has found themselves in. Yes, I know that diehard fans are going to jump in and yell and tell me my personal opinion is wrong, but... I don't know. Tamako Market was flat and dull, K-On just got bad, Beyond the Boundary had promise then squashed it, Nichijou was downright awful in my opinion, and if you stripped away the much-hyped fan service in Free!, well, you were left with a male version of moe "let's make a club" shenanigans crossed with a conventional sports anime. They used to be a personal favorite of mine, truly, but their latest stuff just... isn't for me, I guess.

I did like the first season of Chu2, though... before the second season came and spat in my face, metaphorically speaking.

It's interesting to me that you didn't mention Hyouka. It was my first KyoAni show, and I love it (as you can see from my profile pic). After that I started watching other KyoAni shows trying find something similar. Honestly speaking, Chuu2's fist season was fun but nowhere near as good. And Clannad was good but way too long. Other than that I found nothing good, not even Suzumiya. So I am with you on this, but I keep checking their news in hopes of more Hyouka or other good stuff. As of now, nothing this year looks good to me, other than the possibility of the Tamako movie turning out to bengood.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:52 am Reply with quote
AH, yes, bring me back my precious boys. Can't help but feel this preview is a little..eh. I hope they decide to cut back on the drama and make it more fun.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for this. I've been looking forward to more Free! ever since they announced a second season.
Izu0

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Yes!!!!!! Finally!! I really love this anime!!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote
My weekly dose of 'fabulous' will be at its peak when Free and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure air simultaneously this summer
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1