• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya's Kurumada to Draw 8 More Chapters of Otoko-Zaka Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mak123

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:35 am Reply with quote
Why can't he continue SS Next DImension??
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:54 am Reply with quote
mak123 wrote:
Why can't he continue SS Next DImension??

Oh, I don't know, maybe it's because he's 60 years old & is at the point in his career & life where he can essentially do whatever he feels like doing? Seriously, it's getting really,, realy ridiculous how every topic about Masami Kurumada ends up with Saint Seiya fans whining "But what about Next Dimension?!".

Hell, even when given the opportunity to [url= http://40th.kurumadapro.com/message/] congrtatulate Kurumada's 40th anniversary as a manga-ka via a personal message[/url], a number of the messages either end with or are simply fans going "Hey, get back to Next Dimenson! Chop chop!".. Now, sure, some of those messages are pretty polite about it, but do you guys seriously think continually whining about how slow ND gets released & going as far as using a personal message to whine at the man hiimself is going to encourage him to speed up the release?

I'm sure doing these 8 new chapters of Otoko Zaka are going to feel like a nice break & pleasure compared to doing more Saint Seiya ND for whining fans who are seemingly never pleased.
Sergorn

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:06 am Reply with quote
He's continuing Next Dimension, he's just also doing Otoko Zaka. It's not the first time in his career he is doing two mangas at the same time.

Next Dimension's publishing Schedule is set by Akita Shoten anyway - so it's out of his hands basically: he's doing ND chapters whenever Akita orders them and sometime they don't even release them right away. They're the reason ND is so slow, not Masami Kurumada. And they seem pretty content about having just a couple or three volumes each year for their numerous StS series.

That said it's curious to revive Otoko Zaka just for a (final ?) fourth tome 30 years later. Perhaps he intends to end all his Never End, that'd be awesome. Very Happy

-Sergorn
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1