• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sekai Project Surveys Interest in Visual Arts' Key Visual Novels

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grooven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
As a long time fan this would be brilliant Smile I hope something comes of this! Maybe we can have Angel Beats translated sooner than later.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
As a long time fan this would be brilliant Smile I hope something comes of this! Maybe we can have Angel Beats translated sooner than later.

This. A dream come true if it happened.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
With the way it's being released, I honestly don't care much about the AB VN being translated fast. It feels awkward to me to play a game staggered like that.

I would LOVE to support KEY, my favorite company ever...but my fear is based on rumors I've heard. Someone correct me please, if I'm mistaken. I heard that Sekai Project has released at least 1 thing that was a badly censored version, with no option for uncensored. Generally KEY games have little to censor but I'd still like them untouched as much as possible.
WikiSonic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

I would LOVE to support KEY, my favorite company ever...but my fear is based on rumors I've heard. Someone correct me please, if I'm mistaken. I heard that Sekai Project has released at least 1 thing that was a badly censored version, with no option for uncensored. Generally KEY games have little to censor but I'd still like them untouched as much as possible.

I don't think that's Sekai Project you are thinking of. To my knowledge, they haven't censored any of their releases. They're even trying to figure a way to bring the 18+ version of Grisaia no Kajitsu over along with the all ages version.

Last edited by WikiSonic on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:37 pm Reply with quote
One thing I made sure to mention in their survey was that if they want me to purchase their products, they'd better give me all the content that was originally in the japanese release; if adult content was present in the japanese version, we'd better got it too. I flat our REFUSE to support/purchase any inferior product, especially products that have had adult content removed for whatever reason.
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

You're definitely not alone. I, too, recall seeing such news somewhere (exactly where escapes me at the moment). I certainly hope that's not the case.
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote
They licensed Grisaia no Kajitsu which they want to put on Steam as All Ages. The game is fully translated by the fans with patch 1.1. Pretty freaking amazing novel - funny beyond belief and awesome enough to make you roll on the floor, or something.

Anyways, I'm finishing up Sachi's arc and going to hit Makina afterwards then I am done with this visual novel. Getting ready for the anime release this October.
GiriOni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:
Kougeru wrote:

You're definitely not alone. I, too, recall seeing such news somewhere (exactly where escapes me at the moment). I certainly hope that's not the case.

You're both thinking of Moenovel, a Japan based company that poorly translated a VN and made it all ages. Sekai Project is VERY different. They're the people that keep crowdfunding VNs like World End Economica and fault milestone one.
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
Great news, hoping we will see more KEY VNs in the future. Very Happy

I hope they'll consider female-oriented VNs (otome, BL) in the future. Cool
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:19 am Reply with quote
I find it ironic that this news broke the day after I completed my first VN, Little Busters. Even though I've downloaded a lot of their games I'd love to support them!

Although the one I want translated the most, Kud Wafter wasn't a choice? Copious amounts of loli maybe? I wrote it in anyway.

Hope it goes well for them!
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:26 am Reply with quote
GiriOni wrote:
You're both thinking of Moenovel.

Nah, it wasn't them. After some pondering, I believe I was thinking about MangaGamer and their nonsense involving the "If My Heart Had Wing" visual novel.
strawberry-kun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:29 am Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:

Nah, it wasn't them. After some pondering, I believe I was thinking about MangaGamer and their nonsense involving the "If My Heart Had Wing" visual novel.

That was MoeNovel. Mangagamer sold it through their site, but Mangagamer wasn't involved with anything other than that.
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:32 am Reply with quote
strawberry-kun wrote:
That was MoeNovel. Mangagamer sold it through their site, but Mangagamer wasn't involved with anything other than that.

MangaGamer localized the all ages version, did they not?
strawberry-kun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:41 am Reply with quote
bored-otaku wrote:

MangaGamer localized the all ages version, did they not?

No. Mangagamer was not involved at all in the localization. That was all MoeNovel. The only thing Mangagamer did was sell the title on their site.
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:46 am Reply with quote
strawberry-kun wrote:
No. Mangagamer was not involved at all in the localization. That was all MoeNovel. The only thing Mangagamer did was sell the title on their site.

Oh. Okay, then it appears I've misunderstood - not that I'm any less upset about only the all ages version being localized, but now I know the correct party to vent my frustration at. Thanks for the clarification.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2